Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Eco-conscious Travel
Reload this Page >

BBC article on a pilot looking to navigate a sustainable future for the industry

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BBC article on a pilot looking to navigate a sustainable future for the industry

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60036245

After losing his job for Thomas Cook he's now a spokesperson for Extinction Rebellion and setup Safe Landing a climate conscious organisation for the aviation sector.

"Of course I prefer flying and visiting exotic destinations, and earning a decent salary," says the 32-year-old. "But when confronted with the climate and ecological emergency, how could I possibly prioritise my needs, when we need to think collectively about how to tackle the biggest existential threat to humanity?"
It's good to see that pilots can find a way out to redeem themselves from a life dedicated to carbon crimes exacerbating the climate emergency. When you're in a difficult place financially but you want to do the right thing, you can feel you have no way out to pack it all in and start something new.
l etoile likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

For those interested, Safe Landings has a website https://safe-landing.org/
l etoile and hugolover like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.