Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet EDI-MAD-EDI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: not a lot
EasyJet EDI-MAD-EDI

Flew last week on this relatively new route.

Good points:

Checked in at the desk with baggage and only queued for roughly ten minutes
Flight boarded according to priority
Flight left on time
Flight arrived on time
Plane was only a few months old
Cabin crew were typical EasyJet. Efficient with the trolley and a good laugh.
Cost, only £75 each for my wife. Very good price for a direct flight IMO.

Bad Points:
Plane had ran out of Beer by the time the trolley came round the second time on the outbound leg.
Bags were a bit wet due to torrential downpour @ EDI when the bags were being loaded.

The flight must have been about 90%+ full on both legs.

Looks like a very good route EasyJet have got here and up to their usual standard.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by LiviLion
Bags were a bit wet due to torrential downpour @ EDI when the bags were being loaded.
It's happened to me as well - EDI seem to be very good at leaving luggage on the tarmac for 30 minutes or so. I wonder if it's part of the contract with the airlines?
Old Jun 9, 2007, 1:57 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Wink Easyjet's real class

After years of flying them within Europe whenever possible (No CDG T3, no Malpensa T2 nor a few others...) in preference to legacy carriers, strictly for the pleasure of sticking it to the real vampires (higher prices for less service), I still marvel at how they manage to run a classy and relaxed operation with all the basic needs taken care of: "Speedy Boarding", affordable quality food and drinks when you need them, the fastest turn arounds in the industry, clean planes, and none of the vulgarity, pettiness or shoddiness displayed by other low costs (Big Irish boy, this for you and your extortion baggage policies on the RETURN part of bookings only, i.e. when one is really stuck...)

Last speech from the cockpit on a recent flight: " One word of warning: Our purser, Eric (name changed), is aggressively looking for a new husband. So, to avoid misunderstandings or breaking hearts, please do not smile to him if you are not interested". I am a 60 year old rather stuffy guy, but this was delivered with such good humour and easiness that you can't deny there is a genuine new culture which makes up for the occasional delay (especially at the end of the day) or mishap. And they all look so pleased to work and eager to help... Bravo!

Last edited by Cofyknsult; Jun 9, 2007 at 2:57 am
Old Jun 9, 2007, 7:45 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
After years of flying them within Europe ...
I'm going to go ahead and combine this thread with the earlier EasyJet to keep the board clean.

Thanks for understanding !

EmailKid
Budget Travel Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.