Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet at AMS- question for transit pax??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:39 am
Original Poster

I am arriving on DL into AMS and have bought a tix to fly to Belfast on Easyjet

I arrive about 4 hours before the flight to Belfast- does easyjet have staff that can check me in airside??

Or do you suggest that I do on line check in?? problem is that you go into Group C apparently

In which case is speddy boarding worth it??? Do you know if al flights at AMS use jetways or busses??

Any tips appreciated
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:22 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Easyjet are point-to-point only, so you can't check your luggage through, or pick up a boarding pass airside. You can check in online, but as you say, that means you get group D, and means you can only have hand luggage.

EZY use pier H for non-Schengen flights at AMS, a dedicated low-cost pier. You go to your gate (and through security) only once your flight is marked for boarding (and really, don't go before) and you go down steps to the tarmac, then up steps to the plane.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut
Easyjet are point-to-point only, so you can't check your luggage through, or pick up a boarding pass airside. You can check in online, but as you say, that means you get group D, and means you can only have hand luggage.

EZY use pier H for non-Schengen flights at AMS, a dedicated low-cost pier. You go to your gate (and through security) only once your flight is marked for boarding (and really, don't go before) and you go down steps to the tarmac, then up steps to the plane.
Thanks for the reply

Will only have small hand luggage.

Is it possible to transfer air side from my DL flight( not sure of arrival terminal) to Pier H

Also I plan on using my Diners Club card for lounge access to pass the 4 hours- I assume that there is no lounge over in Pier H or is there?

Question: When I check in on line, do I get a printed boarding pass that I can take direct to Pier H or do I have to pick up a boarding pass airport side??

Tks
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:47 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by eireman
Thanks for the reply

Will only have small hand luggage.

Is it possible to transfer air side from my DL flight( not sure of arrival terminal) to Pier H

Also I plan on using my Diners Club card for lounge access to pass the 4 hours- I assume that there is no lounge over in Pier H or is there?

Question: When I check in on line, do I get a printed boarding pass that I can take direct to Pier H or do I have to pick up a boarding pass airport side??

Tks
There's really no point staying airside anyways (you'd need to go through security anyways, besides I am not sure Pier H is connected to the rest). Pier H is literally a dump and the less amount of time you spend there is better for you. Pier H literally has nothing (bar one toilet next to security, no retail, etc...).

Speedy Boarding in my sense isn't worth the price, either it is just ignored or doesn't make much difference anyways. AMS-BFS isn't very long of a flight anyways.

I suggest you spend your time airside or in a lounge on arrival in Amsterdam until you can go and fetch your boarding pass at the two hour mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.