Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easyjet introduces flexibility!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:27 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
The decision that ensures that you fill as many of the remaining seats as you can once you think you've sold all the premium fares you can? Not easy I know, but I'm sure there must be forecasting models out there that could give a good guess to maximise revenue.

I've had the same problem on BMI: Needed to change flights but nothing available in my current fare class only to find that the plane is two thirds empty when I board.

Leaving seats empty cannot be good for business IMO.

Edited for bad English I can spot at 2:20 in the morning.

Last edited by Internaut; Sep 17, 2006 at 8:17 am
Old Sep 16, 2006, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Internaut
Leaving seats empty cannot be good for business IMO.
Ideally, of course one wouldn't leave seats empty. And my example was exactly as I described it: simplistic. The reality is of course much more complex. But BA are well-known to be masters at this game, so what they're doing can't be written off as idiotic bad business.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:47 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Finding it unclear from this old thread, given the morality debate, whether it was common knowledge that BA already allow this (but not at LHR). I certainly didn't know about it, but here it is:

Originally Posted by BA
  • We have implemented a new feature to our airport check in kiosks. If you are checking in for a British Airways flight at a kiosk, you will be offered the opportunity to be re-booked and checked in for an earlier flight.
  • This option is available to you providing the flight is open for check in, there are seats available on the earlier flight and you are travelling on an eligible ticket.
  • This feature is now available on all of our kiosks except those at London Heathrow.
from https://www.britishairways.com/trave...blic/_gf/en_gb

Last edited by dsf; Oct 13, 2006 at 10:48 am Reason: reason for finding it unclear
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: If Easyjet gave status....
But are the key words there not eligible ticket? - i.e. they're not going to offer you this option unless you've got a flexible ticket? Any experience from anyone?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:15 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Interesting.... but what does "eligible ticket" mean? Easy Jet allow it on all bookings... this may just be for flexible ones
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Come on, I don't think that we should kid ourselves that BA could operate on EZY yields. Being allowed to change flights when holding a non-flexible BA ticket will surely have to continue to be an occasional treat rather than an expectation. Otherwise, there will be no short-haul BA left.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:24 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by Tu114
But are the key words there not eligible ticket? - i.e. they're not going to offer you this option unless you've got a flexible ticket? Any experience from anyone?
I'm going to try it tomorrow. I have an ex-JFK flight (bought as part of the ex-US sale last month) which I didn't/don't expect to be flexible. However the options to upgrade/change/cancel the flight are in MMB, but every time I've tried to change the date or time it has thrown an error (different from telling me it's not allowed for my ticket, the text is "We regret that due to a system problem, it is currently not possible for you to make a booking. Please try again later.").
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by dsf
Finding it unclear from this old thread, given the morality debate, whether it was common knowledge that BA already allow this (but not at LHR). I certainly didn't know about it, but here it is:

from https://www.britishairways.com/trave...blic/_gf/en_gb
Surprised to read this as London Heathrow is the solitary airport were I've been fortunate enough to utilise this feature via a SSCI kiosk - J class booking LHR-EDI. Can confirm that this option does not present itself with a restricted ticket.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by schofs
Interesting.... but what does "eligible ticket" mean? Easy Jet allow it on all bookings... this may just be for flexible ones
We tried to to do this on the way back from STN on EZY (STN-EDI) after arriving from TLL we were told that we had to have a return ticket between these 2 points (first leg was GLA-SXF) oherwise we had to pay a fulll new fare (£160 or something similar) + processing fee £50
Old Oct 14, 2006, 4:01 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Worked for me at SXK two weeks ago. Turned up a couple of hours early at the airport and saw an earlier U2 flight back to LTN.

Asked if I could change and they did it within seconds at no charge ^

Total tix price was £98 return IIRC and BA had wanted >£600 for the same journey
Old Oct 14, 2006, 4:01 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Worked for me at SXF two weeks ago. Turned up a couple of hours early at the airport and saw an earlier U2 flight back to LTN.

Asked if I could change and they did it within seconds at no charge ^

Total tix price was £98 return IIRC and BA had wanted >£600 for the same journey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.