Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

You CAN reserve a block of seats on Easyjet...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So much for a classless carrier.

This probably won't come as much of a surprise to anyone, but one of my colleagues who returned from holiday in Mallorca recently asked if we'd seen the UK 'X Factor' episode over the weekend in which the hopefuls were interviewed whilst on board a plane?

Some of us had so she then told us of the usual scenario where her and her husband and her young teething child were being jostled whilst waiting for the go-ahead so they could be among the first to board the plane and settle their restless little boy. Except ALL the passengers had to hang around longer whilst the contestants and crew floated through the scrum to take their reserved places before anyone else.

One of the reasons Ive always been a defender of Easyjet is because it is egalitarian - the experience they provide is the same for everybody. As far as Im concerned, if the Programme makers wanted to receive this special treatment they should have coughed up and gone business class on another airline. Perhaps EZ saw it as cheap advertising, but I dont see why the other passengers had to pay for it instead.

They could at least have allowed the pax with children and boarding difficulties to board first before allowing their VIPs on. Boo! Easyjet.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
If prority boarding is such an issue when travelling with small children, don't fly EasyJet. OK, they let on some TV show contestents first and made your friend wait longer at the gate jostling for position, but that is all part of the EasyJet experience. Remember, you get what you pay for. I don't fly EasyJet unless I have to.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingbee
Remember, you get what you pay for. I don't fly EasyJet unless I have to.

- alas, you don't always get what you pay for. I stopped flying Iberia years ago when I realised that all my cheaper flights with Easyjet were infinitely more pleasant (even when having to go to ALC from BCN or MAD by train) than flying the Spanish flagship. (and no good getting BA flights because more often than not I'd just end up on Iberia too)

I commented because this exactly ISN'T part of the Easyjet experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.