Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

easyJet quietly introduces credit card surcharge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2001, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR

Sadly, easyJet has followed its clones go, buzz and Ryanair in introducing a surcharge for bookings using Visa, MasterCard and Amex.

I came across it looking at flights ex ZRH. A 7.50 CHF credit card fee was demanded. Checking on ex UK bookings, it was £3. Delta and Switch cards incur no surcharge.

I must have missed the press release.

(Still no TOD payment, though!)

Old May 17, 2001, 5:47 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Yes they have, and it violates the Visa or MC (not sure which one) card contract that a mercant normally has to sign. I will not fly on them anymore. Besides, Lutton was out of my way and a kip of an airport.
Old Jun 13, 2001, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Can we change the topic name?

I made a couple of online purchases buying tickets in Swiss francs for family - ZRH-LTN-ZRH. The price I clicked on clearly included 7.50CHF surcharge.

I got my Amex statement today. Lo and behold, the prices charged are those WITHOUT the surcharge!

What's the story, Stelios?

[edited for typo]

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 06-13-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.