Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

easyJet and Liverpool Airport agree new commercial deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2000, 11:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Information source: http://www.easyjet.com/en/news/20001031_01.html

easyJet and Liverpool Airport are pleased to announce that they have agreed in principle the key terms of a new airport service agreement to come into force from 1 April 2001.

easyJet has agreed to base two new aircraft in Liverpool by 2003 in addition to the five already committed to Liverpool

Liverpool Airport has agreed to extend the terms of the airline's use of the airport to 20 years

Liverpool Airport has committed to further development of the airport infrastructure

Both companies have agreed revised landing charges for the duration of the contract

Ray Webster, easyJet Chief Executive said: "I am delighted with the prospects of our extended partnership with Liverpool Airport which is a sign of our long-term commitment to our Liverpool base and will enable ongoing expansion of our flying programme. In short this means more aircraft for more routes for 20 years for the people of the North West who have given us so much support since we started flying from Liverpool."

Rod Hill, Managing Director of Liverpool said: "The conclusion of a 20-year agreement with easyJet provides us with the commitment we need to undertake the very substantial development of Liverpool Airport made necessary by the growth of easyJet. The expanded facilities will make Liverpool the most effective airport for point-to-point flying in the North West region".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.