Wiki Posts
Search

Spouse checking bag

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Spouse checking bag

I have two separate bookings, one for me and one for my wife. My booking has a checked bag added.

For complicated reasons, my wife will arrive at the airport (LGW) well before me with our checked bag. If she has my boarding card and passport, will Easyjet allow her to use the automated bag drop at Gatwick ?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Adstring
I have two separate bookings, one for me and one for my wife. My booking has a checked bag added.

For complicated reasons, my wife will arrive at the airport (LGW) well before me with our checked bag. If she has my boarding card and passport, will Easyjet allow her to use the automated bag drop at Gatwick ?
They only allow you into the automated bag drop queue after checking your ID . From what I have seen it's just an iD and boarding pass check and I don't think they actually check if you have a luggage allowance or not

So in theory she can get into the queue with her ID and boarding pass and check in fhe bag using your QR code. But you might get into trouble for that ..

If you are in the area the night before easyjet had an option of checking in bags the night before at LGW ( not sure if for all flights ) but I managed to do that for my flight to Zurich from LGW last month .

Last edited by ukdoctor; Sep 18, 2022 at 1:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.