Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

EZS/EZY 8432 BSL-LGW 6 August delay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've found the info on here very helpful, so I hope you don't mind me asking a question about the reason for the delay to our flight today.

We're on the 12:30pm departure from Basel to LGW, which has been delayed to 17:10. The reason given is 'traffic restrictions across Europe which resulted in your aircraft and crew being away from their home base'. This means we can't claim EU261 I believe, as it's outside of their control? I'm interested what 'traffic restrictions' means, just for my own edification. I know there's a lot of disruption this summer, so is it just knock on effects of other delays being passed down the line? (The plane is now operating as EZY8432, rather than EZS.)

Many thanks for any further insight anyone can give

Maud
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely it means ATC (air traffic control) restrictions which are a very common reason for delays, rescheduling of flights etc. across Europe.

Your assumptions is correct. ATC restrictions are considered extraordinary circumstances/ outside the control of the airline and will exempt the airline from paying compensation under the applicable EU Reg. 261/04. This includes "knock-on" effects for the subsequent flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.