Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

EasyJet ruined our vacation, what compensation? EU 261?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

Every summer I vow NEVER AGAIN will we fly this prole clown airline, now they have finally done it.

Wife and I were meant tk fly U2 today MXP-CFU. We notified easyJet 6 days in advance that she would be traveling with her ADI trained and certified service dog. We arrived at the airport 2.5h in advance. The dog was harnessed, wearing a service vest, etc…we had all of the dogs medical records, a letter from the training org and a letter from my wife’s Dr. despite ALL OF THIS, easyJet REFUSED to listen and denied us boarding because the service desk never made a notation in our record. The desk agent kept telling us to cal the service desk and staring blankly when we told her the desk had not yet opened for the day. We have now missed the flight and there are no others. It will cost us a lot to make new arrangements and at best we will lose a day. I want easyJet to PAY for this insanity. They are clearly in violation of EC 1107/2006 and they cannot deny a passenger boarding with a properly documented and trained service dog. What do we do? We have now purchased train tickets to Rome, a last minute hotel and ITA tickets to CFU tomorrow as there were no U2 flights and their Indian call center script readers weren’t at all helpful.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Unfortunately, I don't think that EC261 one will be the right route here, as your issue is not that you or your wife were denied boarding but that the service dog was. It does not mean you do not have a case, but just that EC261 is not, it seems to me, the right basis for the case.

I suspect that in this case, this has more to do with legislation about the rights of citizens living with disability etc and that is probably the avenue that you - your rather your wife - will need to pursue. When you say that you notified U2 of the service dog, how did you do it? Was it on the phone with the sales desk? Something different? Did you make a note of when you called them specifically so that the conversation can be traced as it indeed seems that you did everything by the rules that U2 themselves have defined?

Initially, I would write to U2 customer service providing all the details and detailing the expenses you have incurred as a result of their denying the service dog travel. If it fails to bring you the resolution that you want, I would probably suggest seeking proper legal advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.