Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet - tracking incoming flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Question EasyJet - tracking incoming flight

Is there any way to establish the origin of an incoming flight?
I see there is no option to track incoming flight in FlightAware as there is with some airlines.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Any of the flight tracking websites - such as fr24.com - will show you where the plane is coming from, and has been for the previous 7 days.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I guess I didn’t explain properly. If, for example I’m flying on EasyJet 559 from NCL to BFS how can I find out where the aircraft that is operating my flight is arriving from. Did it just do the same route in the other direction or is it coming in from further afield?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:13 pm

Do you not have the easyJet app? This has an integrated tracker powered by flightradar24 and shows exactly what you're after.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I have the EasyJet app.
Maybe I’m being dense. I want to find out where the aircraft that I’m going to depart on is arriving from. I know that if I knew the aircraft registration I could look it up to see where it is now but where do I find the registration of the aircraft which will operate the flight that I will depart on later today for example.
The EasyJet (iOS) app that I have doesn’t seem to give that or, indeed, very much information.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neiltoo
Sorry, I guess I didn’t explain properly. If, for example I’m flying on EasyJet 559 from NCL to BFS how can I find out where the aircraft that is operating my flight is arriving from. Did it just do the same route in the other direction or is it coming in from further afield?
As I said, fr24.com or any flight tracking app will show you where the plane has arrived from.

For example, fr24.com shows that yesterday's U2559 was operated by an A319 that arrived from Barcelona. Sunday's U2559 and last Friday's U2559 were both operated by the same aircraft - an A320 with the registration OE-IVC - that on both days had arrived from Geneva.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:46 am
Original Poster

“As I said, fr24.com or any flight tracking app will show you where the plane has arrived from.”

Yes, but I would like to know where it will arrive from, not has arrived from. Is the historical record fairly accurate for what will happen in the future?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would also like to know tonight's Eurojackpot numbers; however, that's also another type of information that is not published omline until after the "decision" is made.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:09 am

As soon as the aircraft is in the air it should show in the app. For example if you look at NCL-BRS 14.50 in tracker, it shows that that plane is currently on its way from PSA-BRS, from where it will then head up to NCL.
Neiltoo likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
As soon as the aircraft is in the air it should show in the app. For example if you look at NCL-BRS 14.50 in tracker, it shows that that plane is currently on its way from PSA-BRS, from where it will then head up to NCL.
Ah! I see, thank you, that is very helpful. Not sure how I missed that!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I would also like to know tonight's Eurojackpot numbers; however, that's also another type of information that is not published omline until after the "decision" is made.
For EasyJet perhaps. When I track an Emirates flight in FlightAware there is a link to see where the aircraft scheduled to operate the flight is coming from, and the flight before that etc. I was trying to find out if the there was a way to do the same thing with EasyJet, and, as Ldnn1 has just posted, there is.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look up the flight you are interested in in each of the preceding weeks; you can assume that any particular flight most likely will be operated with the an aircraft that arrived from that same destination on every other week going into the future.

However, this assumes that all airline schedules are "frozen" so that exactly the same flights operate on the same day each week, and that no disruption has occurred in the network. If it looks like "Geneva" is your answer, but you find out that there is no Geneva flight on the day you are interested in, clearly that's not going to be the answer.

When you are at an outstation - which, in the case of Emirates, is pretty much everywhere except Dubai - you can assume that the plane that departs will be the very same one that arrived from Dubai. However, when you are at a location with service to/from several locations - as is the case with Easyjet at NCL - you can never be sure that the same pattern happens every day. Particularly if there is disruption or weather or delays, they may often swap over a plane that was supposed to go to destination X to instead operate a different flight to destination Y.

And anyway, does it really matter which plane is "planned" to operate your flight? (I can't think of any valid reason why this should matter) Plans don't always work out. What is probably of far more relevance is which plane ACTUALLY operates your flight. And then you can find out exactly where that plane has been.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:00 am

For reference, EZY559 tonight is now showing in tracker as operated by G-EZRW, currently on its way to NCL from GVA:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.