Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easyjet - Ms or Mrs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Easyjet - Ms or Mrs?

Just booked a flight for someone with no internet access and when the boarding pass printed off it showed Ms rather than Mrs. I doubt she has ever used Ms and the passport will show Mrs - will this be OK with easyjet or should I contact them asap to have it changed?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It won't be a problem.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: SQ & QF
I wouldn't worry. British passports do not display a title anyway. I have gone to Australia and the title was DR - I didn't even notice.

Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Indeed, won't be a problem.

Just as an aside, as it has changed now but for many years it was the case that if you registered with BA the titles available included: Viscount, Bishop, Archbishop, Squadron Leader, Baron, Prince, Duke, His Holiness, Emperor, etc. Where as if you registered with virgin atlantic they just asked: male or female? (Virgin have since added titles....)
Old Aug 4, 2014, 2:13 am

The UK is fairly unique in Europe in still having separate titles for married and unmarried women - most of the rest of Europe abolished that distinction decades ago, and rightly so. (Why should there be a Frulein when there is no Herrlein?). I'm sure I've been to airline booking web sites where there was only one choice of title for women, either Mrs or Ms.

So... very much a non-issue!!!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please continue this discussion in its new home, the Budget European Airlines forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:15 am
sfx

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
The UK is fairly unique in Europe in still having separate titles for married and unmarried women - most of the rest of Europe abolished that distinction decades ago, and rightly so. (Why should there be a Frulein when there is no Herrlein?). I'm sure I've been to airline booking web sites where there was only one choice of title for women, either Mrs or Ms.

So... very much a non-issue!!!
the correct default usage is indeed Ms in any situation.

In a business context it would be discrimination to ask between Miss or Mrs. But a customer may pick one as a personal preference.

Most younger people, male or female, don't use any honorific. Even doctors have a tendency not to use Dr. beyond work or by using more defined post-nominal letters.

The usage is by older generations, if someone has always used Miss or Mrs, they may prefer to keep using it. But, the historic usage was [stupidly] to call the woman by her husband's name e.g. Mrs John Smith!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by David-A
Indeed, won't be a problem.

Just as an aside, as it has changed now but for many years it was the case that if you registered with BA the titles available included: Viscount, Bishop, Archbishop, Squadron Leader, Baron, Prince, Duke, His Holiness, Emperor, etc. Where as if you registered with virgin atlantic they just asked: male or female? (Virgin have since added titles....)
Maybe it's time I got a new title and became a duke?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.