Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Dollar BOS Problem

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Another Dollar BOS Problem

Yet another complaint about this franchise location at Boston Logan Intl....

I was unsure of whether my insurance covered me for towing costs so agreed to the addition of Roadsafe at the time of rental, on the provision that I could call and remove it once my insurance company confirmed my cover.

Called 2 days into a 21 day rental and the Dollar representative confirmed it would be removed.....surprise, surprise, at time of drop-off, the charges were still showing and the Manager had no record of the call being made. I was told I should have taken the name of the person I spoke to as I couldn't prove I made the call.

After making a complaint to Dollar Customer Services, I received a generic email response, saying I had signed the agreement for Roadsafe at time of rental ie. completely missing the point - of course I'd signed it, I'd called to remove it!

Ringing them again, the representative said that removal of cover after rental had begun could only be done by visiting the point of rental in person, something I would not of been able to do as I was approx 500 miles away during my trip. Whoever I spoke with should not have agreed to remove the cover after rental began.

So, several failings at this franchise: wrong info given at time of rental, wrong info given on phone, failure to record change of cover on my file, failure to resolve complaint at first opportunity.....

Dollar Customer Services eventually agreed to send me vouchers to cover the cost of the Roadsafe.

The other thing I noticed about this franchise is the general condition of the vehicles - scratched, dented, all not noted on the vehicle condition slip at time of rental so I requested every mark was noted on the slip - not doing this is a recipe for disaster (the guy said they don't bother with noting small scratches, marks etc....I bet they're not so casual about it when the vehicle is returned!).

If you use this franchise, I'd make sure everything is squeeky clean before renting from here....

-Mikee-
Old Nov 19, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum
FWIW, I've rented there many times and they are definitely not hung up on inspecting the cars when they're returned. Dollar isn't in general, in my fairly wide experience with Dollar locations across the country. The customer service aspect of your message is definitely a problem, though. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.