Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX: Escalades with luxury-package/ AWD?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2008, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
LAX: Escalades with luxury-package/ AWD?

Hi Guys!

I saw on the website, that Dollar at LAX carries Escalades with quote "GPS navigation system".

So: Do they have the factory touchscreen navigation (and therefore the luxury-package with cooled seats etc.), or is it an add on unit?

And: Do they carry the 4x4 or the 2x4 - the website says 2x4?

Thanks for any information!

Frank.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Wolf
Hi Guys!

I saw on the website, that Dollar at LAX carries Escalades with quote "GPS navigation system".

So: Do they have the factory touchscreen navigation (and therefore the luxury-package with cooled seats etc.), or is it an add on unit?

And: Do they carry the 4x4 or the 2x4 - the website says 2x4?

Thanks for any information!

Frank.
I don't know the answers to your questions, but I was able to dig up the direct phone number to Dollar LAX:

(310) 410-5400

If you go to Dollar.com and search for LAX, they only give you the centralized help desk number, (866) 434-2226‎, which will probably leave you talking to someone in Indonesia or India, and they don't know diddly squat about LAX's operations. Hopefully, the above direct number will help you reach someone who can answer your questions.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Thanks Jackal!

I now got the confirmation, that the Escalades at LAX are indeed coming with the factory touch-screen navigation - a real plus compared with Hertz, where they have the notorious "Ever Lost".

But one thing remains: I already made a reservation for the car - and now it seems to be sold out. In fact: It is hardly possible to get the Escalade at any given date...

You see where I am going? Other than Hertz (where I have been renting prestige collection cars for years) Dollar only seems to have very few of these Cars - that said, the risk of getting a crappy, torn car with high milage (not deserving the term "luxury vehicle") is very high.

This happend to me lots of times at Hertz - but I was always able to exchange the car. At Dollar LAX that wont be possible if they only have two or three Escalades... On the other hand, dollars premium price is not worth it, if I rented a piece of junk.

Any sugestions what I should do?

Thanks.
Frank.

Last edited by Wolf; Mar 29, 2008 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Wolf
Thanks Jackal!

I now got the confirmation, that the Escalades at LAX are indeed coming with the factory touch-screen navigation - a real plus compared with Hertz, where they have the notorious "Ever Lost".

But one thing remains: I already made a reservation for the car - and now it seems to be sold out. In fact: It is hardly possible to get the Escalade at any given date...

You see where I am going? Other than Hertz (where I have been renting prestige collection cars for years) Dollar only seems to have very few of these Cars - that said, the risk of getting a crappy, torn car with high milage (not deserving the term "luxury vehicle") is very high.

This happend to me lots of times at Hertz - but I was always able to exchange the car. At Dollar LAX that wont be possible if they only have two or three Escalades... On the other hand, dollars premium price is not worth it, if I rented a piece of junk.

Any sugestions what I should do?

Thanks.
Frank.
I'd probably make a second backup reservation, either with Dollar or someone else, so that if it does turn out badly and they won't negotiate with you (give you another nice car or knock a bunch off your rate), you can fall back on a better price for the crappier car. Just make sure the agency you book your second reservation with does not charge for cancellations or no-shows (if you make the res with Dollar, they won't--when you get there, just pretend dumb like you forgot about the second booking, but when they tell you the Escalade isn't available, say you'll go ahead with the cheaper reservation).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.