Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar at CRP closes before my flight arrives

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Dollar at CRP closes before my flight arrives

I had an nteresting reservation issue today. I found a great rate at Dollar from their Corpus Christi airport location, but when I plugged in my Continental Airlines flight's 11:45pm arrival time as the pickup time, I was informed the location closes at 11:00.

It surprised me that an in-airport rental location wouldn't stay open for the last flight of the day. Luckily both National and Avis informed me they would still be open for me, even if my flight ran late (as long as I had the arrival flight information on my reservation).

For what it's worth, the two prior flights arrive at 10:24 and 10:33, so I guess they decided it wasn't worth staying open another hour for one more flight.

Unfortunately, it cost me a few extra dollars to rent from Avis instead, but at least I'll be able to get my car!

Has anyone else ever run into a situation like this?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: NWA Silver
Never seen this, and I have been to some small towns. Usuaully, they will stay open later for the incoming arrival.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Just to confirm, all the car rental desks are side-by-side at the baggage claim area in Corpus Christi. Avis, Hertz, and National were all open when we our flight arrived on schedule at 11:45pm. Dollar and Advantage were both closed.

The agent at the Avis counter knew exactly who I was as I walked to the counter (apparently I was the only renter on the flight). She was gone for the night out the back door before I could barely put the keys in my pocket.

It's too bad, since Dollar would have gotten my business (they had much better rates than Avis).
Old Jun 30, 2006, 4:27 am

its common for Dollar, Alamo, National (location dependent) and thrifty to close up shop before the final flight comes in if delayed. usually they do this if they are extremely tight on cars and may not have enough cars to go around for that flight. They will go home and deal with it the next day.

Originally Posted by BradC
I had an nteresting reservation issue today. I found a great rate at Dollar from their Corpus Christi airport location, but when I plugged in my Continental Airlines flight's 11:45pm arrival time as the pickup time, I was informed the location closes at 11:00.

It surprised me that an in-airport rental location wouldn't stay open for the last flight of the day. Luckily both National and Avis informed me they would still be open for me, even if my flight ran late (as long as I had the arrival flight information on my reservation).

For what it's worth, the two prior flights arrive at 10:24 and 10:33, so I guess they decided it wasn't worth staying open another hour for one more flight.

Unfortunately, it cost me a few extra dollars to rent from Avis instead, but at least I'll be able to get my car!

Has anyone else ever run into a situation like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.