Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Miles Always Short 1 Day

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2002, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Airline Miles Always Short 1 Day

On 3 occassions when I've rented with Dollar in the past 2 years and am charged for and pay for, say, 4 days, but keep the car say only 3 dyas and 20 hours, I receive only 3 days worth of miles. Each time this has happened, I've called Dollar HQ, and am told they will credit the missing 50 miles, but it never happens, even though I have called about each rental a second time 2-3 months after the first call. Once, a CSR said that the Dollar system for frequent flyer miles has a glitch in it that it doesn't accurately credit miles earned. Is anyone else having the same experience? I just rented from them again b/c their rate was so much better than the others, so it was worth it even though I may lose 50 miles. But other things being equal, I always have since (and always will) book away from Dollar.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 10:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver
I've only rented from Dollar in LAS but each time I've been shorted one day worth of miles.It generally takes several months and a couple phone calls to get that missing date posted.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Wow! You are right. I rent from them all the time. I added up for 2001 and 2002 and came up with 1350 miles short. I'm sending a letter in today with documentation on each rental (god, that took some time to compile!)

Thanks for the tip.
Old Jul 20, 2002, 10:32 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Follow up to my previous posting. I sent a letter to Dollar documenting 1350 missing miles for 2001-2002. I requested 2000 miles because I had been renting from dollar since late 1999. Request was granted.

Thanks for the tip. A *relatively* easy 2000 mile pick-up!
Old Aug 1, 2002, 1:21 pm

Yep, I've had the same experience over the past three years. I've tried to correct it a few times, with no success, so now I just ignore Dollar when I shop around for cars. it's not the paltry amount of miles (probably less than 500 over the past few years), it's the fact that they routinely rip you off that I find disturbing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.