Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar Premium vs. Alamo Full Size

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Dollar Premium vs. Alamo Full Size

I'm going to vegas in a couple weeks and currently have a full size reserved at Alamo for 4 days for $120 including fees. I'm able to get a premium for $200 at Dollar. I would be using express through Dollar so the big lines shouldn't be an issue.

Basically... if I can get a charger as a full-size through Alamo I would be happy, but if there was a chance to get a 300 through Dollar I would even be happier.

However... I DONT want a crown vic as a premium through Dollar and I DONT want a mid-sized full sized car through Alamo.

I know it all depends on what they have at the time, but some of you may have flown into that Airport a number of times and would have some insight. Is it worth the extra $70 through Dollar to get a premium?

Thanks ahead of time.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
It just depends how much the $70 means to you. I think you should keep both reservations until you get there and then whatever one you dont use just cancel. I usually only go for P cars or L cars. With a location that large you are bound to have a good selection. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:01 pm

I usually rent from Dollar at LAS and the premiums are usually crown vic. Depending on your plans, you might like to use the special that dollar is running on mid SUV. I like the extra height in las traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.