Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Late Can I Pick-up My Car & Keep The Same Rate?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
How Late Can I Pick-up My Car & Keep The Same Rate?

I am wanting to reserve a car in Denver. I am arriving early on a Saturday, and departing the following Tuesday. Current rate I have reserved is $120 with Dollar. But, while plugging in dates and times, I discovered that if I were to arrive the night before, say a Friday evening pick up at 11:30 PM, the rate drops to like $52 for the same period. That's more than half off, and I'd be keeping the car longer if I were hypothetically actually arriving earlier. However, I am not arriving earlier, I am arriving Saturday morning. So, I was wondering, what kind of a mess would it be if I were to make a 11:30 PM reservation for Friday, but actuallys how up next morning? Would I get away with keeping the lower rate, or would they give me some higher rate? Any thoughts or experience on this matter? Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
They honor rates for up to 6 hours later.

I think you'd be out of luck on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.