Dollar convertibles @ LAX

Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Dollar convertibles @ LAX

Does anyone know how many mustangs/crystlers convertibles they have at dollar LAX location?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
From my three trips there this year (I usually get a convertible from Dollar as I love those and Dollar are the cheapest):

The day before Labor Day weekend @3:30 PM: about ten, all of them 2012 Mustang base models. Agent said: "pick your mustang any color you like".
Took a blue one with working Sat. radio and 3000 miles. Nice.

Late May, on a Thurs. night at 9PM: about a dozen cars, evenly split among Chrysler Sebring/200s - some base touring with the I4 and cloth seats, some Limited with the V6 and leather - the above Mustangs and one Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. Took a 200 and was not impressed. Not going to get one again unless I absolutely need the added space these have over the Mustang (the back seat is actually usable there). These things are just not much fun to drive, even with the 280hp V6.

Mid-April, another Thursday evening around 8:30: not a single convertible on the lot, except for the lone Mustang that was destined for me (reservation was done months ahead). Again, a 2012 base model, with 20k miles.
Saw quite a few rental droptops at the Coachella Festival parking lots a day later, though. Seems like I wasn't the only one who wanted to get out there in southern California style
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:00 am

Anyone else have rented any convertible@lax?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.