Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Logan?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Boston Logan?

Reading old posts I saw indications that Logan might be a franchisee location and not have express lane service. Also the fine print says to call for a shuttle bus which would indicate they are not in the terminal like the big guys even though Orbitz says they are. Can anyone verify this? If true I guess I'd rather pay more and change to one of the big guys.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I just rented from this location this weekend. They DO have Express Lane service. When I arrived Saturday afternoon, the regular line was quite long, went right to the front of the line with Express service.

They are off airport in the sense that all car rentals are off airport at Logan. You catch the shuttle bus right in front of the terminal and it's about a 5-10 minute ride, same as Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, etc. since all the lots are pretty close to one another.

I rented an economy car and they gave me a Toyota Rav4
Old Aug 22, 2011, 7:17 pm

At BOS, Dollar is a franchise, and Thrifty is corporate. That's one of the few airports (SEA is another) where these two corporate couisins compete.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhead
I just rented from this location this weekend. They DO have Express Lane service. When I arrived Saturday afternoon, the regular line was quite long, went right to the front of the line with Express service.

They are off airport in the sense that all car rentals are off airport at Logan. You catch the shuttle bus right in front of the terminal and it's about a 5-10 minute ride, same as Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, etc. since all the lots are pretty close to one another.

I rented an economy car and they gave me a Toyota Rav4
Thank you. Reading your post I feel better but since for a five day rental Alamo is only $15 more I think I will pay the difference since I have had good luck with Alamo/National at Logan in the past.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:36 am

You made mention of Alamo? I used only Avis & Enterprise for the longest time, but have recently been branching out. Are the cars the same quality?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by heatherj89
You made mention of Alamo? I used only Avis & Enterprise for the longest time, but have recently been branching out. Are the cars the same quality?
I recently switched to Dollar because of the Hilton Bonus Points promotion. Both rentals went very smooth and I was impressed with the quality of the cars. There was a little problem with the bonus points posting with Hilton, which has promptly been taken care of by Dollar. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.