avoiding FF surcharges

Old Jun 26, 11, 11:54 am
Original Poster

avoiding FF surcharges

This inquiry really applies to all car rental companies. What airlines and hotels do not have a Frequent Flyer surcharge (or at least a very low one), as it never seems worth it to pay 75 cents per day for a few miles? I think American only charges 6 cents a day, and if that's correct, I'm ok with that, but would like to know my other choices.
Old Jun 27, 11, 11:42 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by sharonsimon View Post
This inquiry really applies to all car rental companies. What airlines and hotels do not have a Frequent Flyer surcharge (or at least a very low one), as it never seems worth it to pay 75 cents per day for a few miles? I think American only charges 6 cents a day, and if that's correct, I'm ok with that, but would like to know my other choices.
With Dollar, AA is still (AFAIK) $0.06/day, which is definitely worth it.

Also, at least with Dollar AFAIK, no hotel programs are charged the FFS fees, nor are foreign airlines.

That said, I'm not necessarily that familiar with the FFS policies of all rental agencies, so I can't say the above with 100% certainty. The above does apply to Thrifty, though.

Search this Thread