Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Class - all in ASL for deaf viewers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond

Flying First Class on Lufthansa and enjoying the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt. Everything is done in sign language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KABgnmwutaw

I had problems with the camera on the third day and was unable to use it. At least this should give you the general idea of what deaf Flyertalkers. I had intended to make it a video of my travel, but since the camera went bad, it mainly focuses on United's First International Lounge in LAX, flying on Lufthansa in First Class, and checking out the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, Germany.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Great video. You must post it in the * forum. Everyone must see the LH 1st lounge since we've read so much about it. @:-)

Every time I head over to YouTube, I turn my sound switch on. I guess I didn't need to do that this time.

Does Mike always shower in street clothes?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Well, FT explicitly says no double posting's allowed....

So it was either here or over at Lufthansa.

Since it's narrated in ASL, I figured it'd be better off here.

I intend to make another one - without sign language - and that will be placed in LH's forum. Deal?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like you both had a great time in Madrid! ^

That really is one heck of a lounge though. Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Madrid was okay though, I was left pretty disappointed with the city itself. I prefer just about all the other major European cities over Madrid, except for Amsterdam and Brussels.

I often wonder which FT'er understood everything I said.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: United MP
I've never been in one of those lounges. I can see why most Ft'ers like them.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:38 pm

Super video!
Old Aug 12, 2007, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA
Super video!! Thanks for posting!! ^^^
Old Aug 12, 2007, 7:15 pm

Programs: aa
Loved the video, it was great!!! Was the trip for business or pleasure? I dont see that many Deaf business travelers, especially international business. Also your English is very impressive, did you go to a mainstream school, or a really good Deaf school?

This is one FT'er that understood everything you said!
jeffrey
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Trip was pleasure, but I used to travel extensively around the world for business a while back when I was working for Siemens-Nixdorf. I went to really good deaf school that used SEE, not ASL, and I'm merely average compared to my classmates.

And, by the way, thanks
Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL skymiles, AA,US dividendmiles
I understood! Im a terp who is obsessed with airplanes and flying. Dad worked for the airlines so I grew up on a plane.

That first class was amazing! I wish I could have gone to WFD and was trying hard to go to WASLI (World Association for Sign Language Interpreters which was in Spain the next month) but work wouldn't reimburse me that much.

Thanks for showing the video and look forward to more!

Dana

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.