Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ankle a Security Problem?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA1K, Platinum Elite
My DW has an artificial knee and a cage in her lower back. She always trips the WTMD and gets sent for secondary. I generally collect our carryon's, shoes and coats, while she gets a little love from the screeners. By the time I get my shoes back on, laptop in the bag and stuff gathered she is through. We have never been subjected to ETD or hand searches of our bags.

When I travel alone, am well dressed, and carry a projector in my laptop bag, I get the full ETD treatment about 1 out of every 3 times.

Guess a couple at our age is not a threat, but that I am an easy mark for random screening when I am alone. TSA has to get their quota somehow.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:52 am
dba

Programs: TWA(sigh), JetBlue, Delta
My MIL's artificial hip sets off the machine every time. What gets me is that she KNOWS it will set off the machine but they still make her go through it. Why not just begin with the secondary screening?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Actually, I'd recommend that everyone with hardware do that. It's easy, as long as you have a cooperative orthopod and a flatbed scanner for your computer. Just ask to borrow your x-ray and scan it with the scanner lid open. You can then print it out at home.
Or just print one from the internet, they're everywhere: http://www.stronghealth.com/services...eplacement.cfm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.