Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scooter and Cruises

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Scooter and Cruises

Just wanted to share this info. I recently took my mother on a cruise. She has bad knees and is also recovering from surgery so I thought it would be nice if she had a scooter to get around the ship. The cruise line was no help in obtaining a scooter so I set out on the search.

After many hours I found this company http://www.scootaround.com

They were great ^ for 300.00 for the week they had a brand new heavy weight scooter delivered to the ship in San Juan the Golden Princess. We were able to take the scooter off the ship in non tendered ports and all. We left the scooter when we disenbarked at the port.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
thanks for the tip!

News like this someone likely will need and use fairly soon. How about more details like where you parked it to charge, etc?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:26 am
Original Poster

The best case is to have a HC room so the scooter can fit through the door. My mom did not have a HC room, but she was near the elevators so we parked in the hall by the elevator. There was an electrical outlet right there for overnight charging.

Its a real eye opener to see what the accessablilty issues are for a cruise ship. The Golden Princess was not what I would call very accessable. Many of the decks were impossible to cross even the Lido Deck was difficult. Carnival has more automatic glass doors (Destiny and Conquest Class ships only), we never had a scooter on carnival but I think it would have been easier than the Golden.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.