Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fear of no escape

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Fear of no escape

I haven't traveled by air fearing a panic attack.

I had mild panic attacks few times even if I travel via bus / car out of the city for few hours. I control myself but sometimes the people around me notice it.

It happens when I'm in the middle of journey. Suddenly an intense urge of reaching my destination appear from nowhere. Sweating, hot flushes, chills etc for few minutes and then disappear.

I avoid long journeys even I skip company paid tours.

To my bad luck, I have to go to a desert on a 4 months project and the flight duration is 8+ hours. The nearest city to the desert is on 3 hour drive.

I'll talk to a psychiatrist but please share if someone was in a similar situation and has done it because I've decided no matter what I should go there but then the long flight and staying in the desert for months come to my mind.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:12 pm

Welcome, jaykahn. It sounds like you're in a difficult situation. You may find some helpful thoughts in the Claustrophobic flyer thread.

I applaud you for planning to speak to a professional about this fear.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Similar to this guy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.