Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Disability placard in South Africa and Namibia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K

My wife has a disability placard for her car. We are going to South Africa (Cape Town) and Namibia (safari). May we use the placard for parking?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:22 pm

Once upon a time, I had a link to a website that tried to track reciprocity internationally, but I cannot find it at the moment. I'll keep hunting.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by euslaner
My wife has a disability placard for her car. We are going to South Africa (Cape Town) and Namibia (safari). May we use the placard for parking?
If they have an English language website, try emailing the city offices and ask. Last year I emailed a non-US town where we were planning on spending several days and got a very helpful response. They said I could use my US placard with full privileges, which they listed, but I needed to register the number in advance, which I could do via return email with a photo of the placard.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: priority club
http://www.disabledmotorists.eu/en/home/

According to that site neither Namibia or South Africa accept foreign badges/placards but we had no problems in South Africa a few years ago
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K
Thanks much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.