Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Travel to UK with service dog

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Can someone point me in the direction where I can obtain information on how to fly with a service dog on Delta to LHR. Helping a friend out. Flight will originate PIT-JFK or DTW to LHR.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I find no information for service dog.

But treating it as a pet, I believe this will be helpful:

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk
CosmosHuman likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
You may also want to clear this with DL as well.

Even the U.K. is okay with it, DL can still make a scene out of nothing.
CosmosHuman likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Is DL or BA more service dog friendly? Really don't want any problems. Looks like need to jump through multiple regulations to take a service dog to the UK. Paperwork needs to be exact and to the letter. One thing I found out that UK and the EU really do treat people with service dogs and disabilities in a much better way that the US.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
One thing I found out that UK and the EU really do treat people with service dogs and disabilities in a much better way that the US.
I beg to differ as my experience was otherwise in both the UK and the EU.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If you wouldn't mind could you elaborate on this? I have a friend that has a service animal where the military has always cleared the situation for him during official travel but he wants to do his first personal travel abroad since getting the animal so any info and/or perspective would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by garykung
I beg to differ as my experience was otherwise in both the UK and the EU.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/serv...e-Animals.aspx

http://servicedogcentral.org/forum/i...topic=43515.15

SOrry a bit of a rush today.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
If you wouldn't mind could you elaborate on this? I have a friend that has a service animal where the military has always cleared the situation for him during official travel but he wants to do his first personal travel abroad since getting the animal so any info and/or perspective would be appreciated.
I was not talking about service dogs, but generally for persons with disabilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.