Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Nespresso" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Nespresso" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:38 pm

Sorry I haven't done the research but how much do Nespresso pods cost in the USA?

Also, I'm figuring out whether I can order some online and get them delivered to my hotel - got an upcoming trip to Washington DC.

I drink a lot of Nespresso these days. I have a machine in my office and I consume 2 pods a day on average.

0:30 mark of this video, you see my small machine, perfect for individual use.

PS - Oh! I think the nespresso capsules in the USA are about the same price as in Singapore, so no point me getting them in the USA. The capsules are significantly cheaper in Europe.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:49 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
Sorry I haven't done the research but how much do Nespresso pods cost in the USA?

Also, I'm figuring out whether I can order some online and get them delivered to my hotel - got an upcoming trip to Washington DC.

I drink a lot of Nespresso these days. I have a machine in my office and I consume 2 pods a day on average.

0:30 mark of this video, you see my small machine, perfect for individual use.
V Log 13 Jan 2016 Guitar Singapore Travels Won Ton Mee & a yellow Porsche - YouTube

PS - Oh! I think the nespresso capsules in the USA are about the same price as in Singapore, so no point me getting them in the USA. The capsules are significantly cheaper in Europe.
I've got the vertuoline and they're $1.10 each for the coffee and something like 80 or 90˘ for espresso capsules.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:56 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Refillable Nespresso Pods

Does anyone have a recommendation for a refillable Nespresso Pod? My mom recently retired and would like to travel with her machine (inspired by Swissaire here). She will be going on a few longer trips that may not include larger cities where there is a Nespresso Boutique (or a Nespresso in that country) and carrying a large stack of sleeves might not be the best option for her.

I just bought her a Pixie Clips unit for her travels and am making a carrying case for it as the original Nespresso one is sold out.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:17 pm

Since the thread over here got locked:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...nespresso.html

I got an Inissia open box for $50 on eBay and found that this Lewis & Clark packing cube is just the right size when expanded for putting in my bag: http://amzn.to/2fBgiQq

I don't travel long enough to worry about a refillable capsule, but it's worth noting that you can buy a sleeve at a time from Amazon for about a 30% markup.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:43 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Originally Posted by billatq
Since the thread over here got locked:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...nespresso.html

I got an Inissia open box for $50 on eBay and found that this Lewis & Clark packing cube is just the right size when expanded for putting in my bag: http://amzn.to/2fBgiQq

I don't travel long enough to worry about a refillable capsule, but it's worth noting that you can buy a sleeve at a time from Amazon for about a 30% markup.
Thanks for the recommendation of the cube. I just ordered it. I had originally made a bag from a train case and some pick-n-pack foam but this is much lighter and easier to put in her suitcase.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:03 am

Prices of Nespresso pods were reduced in Singapore by about 30% late last year. We started drinking more. On a recent trip to the UK, we saw a Lattissima machine was on sale at ARGOS and we brought one back to Singapore with us. (Singapore, being an ex-British colony, has the same power supply).

Very happy with my new machine. Those Nespresso Recipe glasses fit nicely too.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:32 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I go with a Saeco machine at home (Jura before that) but Nespresso pods sure are good in hotels.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:29 pm

Did anyone buy the Explorations 2 coffees? They were $40 for 2 sleeves in Canada which seems incredibly pricey. Are these new ones any good?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:15 pm

Nespresso Pro

you can check the video on youtube for nespresso pro pods by moneyworldstore
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
in the USA, the Target chain has started carrying third party Nespresso pods, both from Peet's Coffee and from their own Archer Farms store brand.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by beachmouse
in the USA, the Target chain has started carrying third party Nespresso pods, both from Peet's Coffee and from their own Archer Farms store brand.
I have also seen some at Kroger under their Private Selection brand. I recently got this brand on Amazon and it has proved to be pretty good, https://rossocaffe.com/
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:10 am
tcl

Does anyone have an experience with the Nespresso Essenza Mini Piano , for original capsules? It's their newest smallest machine. I had bought my mum a Nespresso Pixie Clips 2 years back for Christmas for her travels. She has requested the newest smallest version for Christmas this year because it's lighter (1.6 lbs) and smaller. The version she is interested in is the rectangular one not the triangular one.

Does anyone have experience with the new model both at home and on the road? I've read some conflicting reviews online.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:27 am
tcl

If anyone is looking for a second machine, Lord & Taylor has the Inissia on sale for US$51.97 It's not as small nor light as the new Piano but it's a sturdy machine.

Last edited by tcl; Nov 16, 2018 at 10:28 am Reason: added link
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I apologize if this question is answered in the previous 200+ posts...

We are not coffee drinkers - at all. However, when we moved to Arizona and bought a big house, we were planning on lots of visitors from the great nortth. So, we bought a Nespresso machine for our coffee drinking friends and relatives. We had a few visitors and then the pandemic. Now, however, "reservations" are picking up again.

Here is the question. All that coffee we bought is now past the "best by" date (end of 2020). Is it still good or do we need to buy new stuff?
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I apologize if this question is answered in the previous 200+ posts...

We are not coffee drinkers - at all. However, when we moved to Arizona and bought a big house, we were planning on lots of visitors from the great nortth. So, we bought a Nespresso machine for our coffee drinking friends and relatives. We had a few visitors and then the pandemic. Now, however, "reservations" are picking up again.

Here is the question. All that coffee we bought is now past the "best by" date (end of 2020). Is it still good or do we need to buy new stuff?
I once drank a capsule that was several years old and it didn't taste funny, so I think you are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.