Best & worst Bourbon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best & worst Bourbon?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: Advantage, BA, Hertz, Marriott
I have drunk a lot out bourbon over the past ten or so years. I have the TV show Justified to thank for this.

Probably about 60 different bottles on top of the stuff you can get in supermarkets.

Currently sipping an Eight Oaks Pinot Noir finished bourbon from PA.

But here's the thing... to my palate there is little to elevate them above the stuff you can get in local supermarkets such as Jim Beam/Wild Turkey/Woodford Reserve/Buffalo Trace etc. At least not for the price multiple.

Heresy, I know.

But there are two exceptions:

Stagg was like two angels fighting on the tongue. The wife tried it and couldn't speak for a minute.

Pappy Family Reserve 15yo was like two angels dancing on the tongue. The wife tried it and just said, "Wow, that's beautiful".

So, back to the supermarket for me. Unless there's a good deal on something better.
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Angel's Envy Store Picks

Anyone had the single barrel store picks of Angel's Envy? I really enjoy regular Angel's Envy as a widely available, tasty, fairly priced sipper neat. A great bourbon to drink when you're drinking a lot

But at more than 2x the price, is the single barrel store pick worth it? A lot of variance between different barrels and different pickers? Nugget Markets (SAC area) and Goody Goody liquor (DFW and East TX) are two places where I've seen store picks of Angels Envy. At Goody Goody I think it was priced right at $100.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Just had a nip of the Jack Daniels Single Malt whiskey. Surprisingly flavourful with a fierce finish. Recommended!
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687
Anyone had the single barrel store picks of Angel's Envy? I really enjoy regular Angel's Envy as a widely available, tasty, fairly priced sipper neat. A great bourbon to drink when you're drinking a lot

But at more than 2x the price, is the single barrel store pick worth it? A lot of variance between different barrels and different pickers? Nugget Markets (SAC area) and Goody Goody liquor (DFW and East TX) are two places where I've seen store picks of Angels Envy. At Goody Goody I think it was priced right at $100.
I just saw Angels Envy on sale at Costco. Sorry I don't remember the price and you have to buy 2 bottles to get the deal.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm kicking myself for picking up a case of Kirkland Signature Kentucky Small Batch Bourbon (made by Barton's 1792) when I had a chance. 1L for $18, and it's fantastic with my old fashioned mix. I have 1.5 bottles of the Kirkland Signature Bottled in Bond Bourbon (1L for $19) that I'm trying to save so my father-in-law can give it a try.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Russell's Reserve 13 yr old barrel proof. Phenomenally good stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.