Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

what's the best chain steakhouse in the US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:44 pm
pizzamiles

thanks!

Old Jan 26, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Unfortunately, not every restaurant in a chain is equal. For example, the Ruth's Chris in Irvine, CA is excellent while the one in Seattle, WA is pretty average for a steakhouse.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 3:27 pm

Overall, I'd say the Capital Grille.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never has a bad meal at "The Palm" anywhere. I cannot say teh same for "Shula's".

What do you think, OP? State your opinion.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by artemis021
Overall, I'd say the Capital Grille.

A second vote ^ ^
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:36 pm

Ruth Chris has been pretty good for us, in Cancun, Vegas, and Minneapolis, so I feel very safe with them.( If can be consistent and good in Cancun, I feel fairly confident on eating in their chain)
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I'd say Ruth's Chris, although I agree that they can have some consistency problems (the one in Arlington, VA, is not so hot). I don't like Morton's as much, but it seems to be more consistent.

I have had several mediocre experiences at the Capital Grille.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
I've never heard of the Capital Grille chain. Where are they located roughly speaking?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ruth's Chris (~100) or Capital Grille (~25)
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Not many locations but one of the best--Smith & Wollensky. - Also when in NYC go to the Grill sit at the bar and ask for Patrick one of the best bartenders in NYC
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
What is the criteria for best steakhouse?

For example, Black Angus and Outback chains are great especially if you are taking the family but they are hardly great steakhouses. I go there because I am hungry and I want a decent meal without a huge pricetag. I don't expect a Peter Lugar steak which is wonderful I might add but he is not a chain steakhouse.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:34 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by rkdahl
I've never heard of the Capital Grille chain. Where are they located roughly speaking?
http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/locations/Main.asp

I know there's one under development here, so probably other locations are also in the works.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Mileage Plan, SPG Gold
I think Ruth Chris is one of the best chains. I've only been to the Irvine, CA and Pasadena ones though, but food and service were excellent.

I've eaten at Morton's in Santa Ana, CA, while it's a great steak, I didn't think it was worth the cost.

There's a small chain called Scott's Seafood and Grill. There's one in Costa Mesa, CA. I think there's one other SoCal location and a few in other states. Their filet mignon is pretty close to Ruth Chris, IMO.

Steve
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Ruth's Chris and Del Frisco's get my vote.

I think both The Palm and Morton's are overrated.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The word above on Morton's is consistency, though certainly not the best in my view.

Ruth's Chris is far less consistent, I'm not at all impressed with the DC Dupont Circle location, for instance, but I do actually enjoy the one in Seattle a the Grand Hyatt. (I know the Seattle location was dissed above .

Actually went to the DC Capital Grille last night. Food was good, but the real standout was the excellent service from the waiter. Turns out that where I was parked from a bit earlier turned illegal shortly after we arrived, the waiter took my keys and had the car moved. Very attentive but non-obtrusive service. Have no idea if this is standard (I doubt it) but this particular waiter made the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.