Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants In Laguna

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Restaurants In Laguna

...Or in the surrounding area.

Hi everyone. I am going to Laguna Beach and was wondering if you could offer up some restaurant suggestions. I am very open to trying new things...well, nothing too outrageous. I hear Splashes is good at the Surf and Sand, but besides that, I am not to familiar with anything else. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up

I was born and raised in OC, and Partners Bistro at 448 South Coast Highway is one of my favorite restaurants. Charming ambience, great food and excellent service every time. Try their nightly fixed-price menu. Also, right around the corner is an amazing chocolate boutique.
http://www.partnersbistro.com/
Old Sep 1, 2005, 1:39 pm

One of our favorites is French 75, just across the highway from the Surf and Sand.

http://www.culinaryadventures.com/Pages/F75Profile.html
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Cafe Zoolou for unbelieveable baseball cut swordfish, Te Amo for romantic Italian, Rumari for excellent Italian, but not so romantic, Studio at Montage for a blow-out, 230 Forest or Sun Dried Tomato Cafe for more casual, yet still very good.

Tabu is still one of the hottest - it's good, but not mind-blowing. Dizz's for funky & fun.

Unfortunately, there is a new chef at Splashes & the jury is still out... I've never had a decent meal at French 75 across the street (except for a taste of my friends steak frites once, which were pretty darn good), but the bar atmosphere is nice. For a different, but still spectacular view of Laguna, the rooftop bar at Sauvoury's in the Hotel de la Casa de la Camino (or something like that...) is really wonderful - beware, tho, bar closes at 10pm, as it is outdoor & what is considered a temporary bar.

Just got back from a week in a 4 story beachfront house there... a big 7 miles south of our Newport house, but a different world all together... hopefully the weather will hold for you - we had the 1st good week of the summer. Be sure you have a deluxe room at the S n S - they hang out over the waves & beach - the regular ones are over the pool.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
We recently had an excellent meal at the Salt Creek Grille, about half way between Laguna and Dana Point - at the corner of PCH and Crown Valley Parkway. Excellent food, especially seafood, in a casual atmosphere.

www.saltcreekgrille.com
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Mozambique has just opened south of the Surf and Sand and seems to be doing great business.
Clae's for seafood right on the sand at Main Beach.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would highly recommend Savoury's inside the La Casa del Camino Hotel. Can't stop praising the quality of wines they have there! ^
www.savourysrestaurant.com
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for you wonderful suggestions. I wrote down the restaurants so I can do some research. Thanks again so much! I am actually staying at the Montage and am hoping for a spectacular stay. Brendamc, you mentioned Studio, for a blow out. Since I am staying at the hotel, I wasn't sure if it was worth a try, so in your opinion, I would imagine it does?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If you have time, I also suggest you head over to San Juan Capistrano. If you make it there, try breakfast or lunch (no dinner) at Ramos House Cafe just behind the railroad station.

www.ramoshouse.com
Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

javier's is my favorite restaurant in laguna beach.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by First_Class_Flyer
Thanks all for you wonderful suggestions. I wrote down the restaurants so I can do some research. Thanks again so much! I am actually staying at the Montage and am hoping for a spectacular stay. Brendamc, you mentioned Studio, for a blow out. Since I am staying at the hotel, I wasn't sure if it was worth a try, so in your opinion, I would imagine it does?

Well...... if you can afford it & not get upset about a $400 meal that's very good, but not especially filling (kindof reminds me of El Bulli - my husband was still hungry after 29 courses!). It is an excellent restaurant, probably one of our best - if you can relax & enjoy it, great. If you're worried about the total, I wouldn't go there. Also depends on how trendy you like your food - for good old standards in a luxe atmosphere, go to the Ritz or 21 Oceanfront in Newport. Studio has incredible views - ask for a window table - if you're staying there, I'd make a resv now (tell them it's a special occasion) & you can decide once you arrive.

P.S. If you get all excited about a cheese concierge, as I do, you just might love it!
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
I would recommend Carmello's which is located north of LB on PCH. They have great italian food and the table side ceasar salad is incredible!!

Have a great time!!!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Baby61212
I was born and raised in OC, and Partners Bistro at 448 South Coast Highway is one of my favorite restaurants. Charming ambience, great food and excellent service every time. Try their nightly fixed-price menu. http://www.partnersbistro.com/
Second that. Their filet mignon fixed price dinner (includes salad & sorbet) is EXCELLENT. The salmon (fixed price) is also very very good.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.8M, MR Platinum Premiere, HH Diamond
You didn't mention which meal, so here's my $.02...

Haven't been out that way in a while but the Sunday brunch at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel was always good...HUGE selection and good quality in a great setting.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
How about the Brussels Bistro? Great food (especially the frites and whatever combo appetizer thing they have), good selection of beers... just a fun place to kick back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.