Wiki Posts
Search

Good Lebanese in London

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO; UA; Delta; Hilton Gold; SPG
Good Lebanese in London

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but didn't come up with anything. I'll be in London in January and would love to find a really good Lebanese restaurant to get my fix of hummus, baba ganouj, and schwarma.

Any recommendations for a nice sit-down restaurant (versus a takeaway) serving quality Lebanese?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 6:57 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
For a quick fix I head up to Edgware Road where there are tons of choices --Maroush, etc... but my favourite is Beirut Express. Excellent atmosphere in the evening with lots of locals and large portions of good food.

For something a little more up-scale and hip (in a loungey kinda way, with dark lighting, sexy bar, house music, etc, is Fakhreldine in the Piccadilly. It was good but the service stank and the food, while good, does not justify its price.

However, for something more elegant Al Hamra in Shepherd Market is very very good. However, for me, my most favourite is Beittedine just off Sloane Street, between Knightsbridge and Pont Street. The falafel is remarkable; you really cannot go wrong here. Not too expensive either...... for London standards. 2 people, no alcohol, but 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 large bottled waters, and 1 dessert with 2 coffee's, including tip, less than £50. Apparently this is a favourite of Saudi Royal Family members..... enjoy!!!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just go to Marble Arch. In fact, stay at the Marriott Marble arch and you will find plenty of Lebanese right outside the door.

I found a great ME type place recenlty near the Bond Tube station. Darn if I can't recall the name, but I think it is on James St?
Old Nov 27, 2004, 7:00 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Can second the recommendation for Al Hamra in Shepherd Market.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by luxury
For a quick fix I head up to Edgware Road where there are tons of choices --Maroush, etc... but my favourite is Beirut Express. Excellent atmosphere in the evening with lots of locals and large portions of good food.

For something a little more up-scale and hip (in a loungey kinda way, with dark lighting, sexy bar, house music, etc, is Fakhreldine in the Piccadilly. It was good but the service stank and the food, while good, does not justify its price.

However, for something more elegant Al Hamra in Shepherd Market is very very good. However, for me, my most favourite is Beittedine just off Sloane Street, £50. Apparently this is a favourite of Saudi Royal Family members..... enjoy!!!
Luxury you sure know your way around the London middle east restaurant scene, a spot on guide - I add two to your list that I like, Byblos, 262 Kensington High Street and Phoenicia, 11-13 Abingdon Rd W5.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:11 pm

Also in the realm of upscale Lebanese is Noura in Belgravia (5 min walk from Victoria tube station). They do a good mixed grill and also have an excellent selection of mezes.

www.noura.co.uk
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO; UA; Delta; Hilton Gold; SPG
Many Thanks

Thank you all for your recommendations. I leave in a month and will try out all your suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.