Paris Restaurants Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2004, 10:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Paris Restaurants Recommendations

Hi All,

I tried the PAris board but did not have much success.

Does anyone have any restaurants recommendation in Paris?
Especially for NY Eve as I am still trying to research which restaurant will be good on that night.
My AMEX Centurion concierge came back with a list (eg. Le Fouquet, but the menu is a bit limited).

Pref, all seafood course and no venison and other types of exotic red meats.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

www.dininginparis.com
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Also check out Chowhound.com - International board - and get your concierge working on a New Year's reservation right now!
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I personally love Les Ambassadeurs in the Hotel Crillon. Excellent food, and even better ambiance.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 1:19 am
Original Member

I seem to have the best luck going to places that are not famous. I was less than impressed on my last trip in July with Tailevent and Le Cinq.

QL

Last edited by QuietLion; Nov 12, 2004 at 8:13 am
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:54 am

The latest buzz seems to be about small and not so expensive restaurants such as L'Avant Gout. I've also heard good things about Au Bon Accueil, Le Petit Machon, Violin D'Ingres among others. Check out www.chocolateandzucchini. The authoress often talks about her favorites.. and she knows food!
Old Nov 10, 2004, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL GM
A variety of recommendations, to suit various prices & tastes.
If money's no object, go to Le Cinque at the Hotel Georges V. It's brilliant: the room is stunning, the service is perfect, and the food is inventive and delicious.

I like to eat at ambitious little neighbourhood places off the beaten tourist track. My current faves are Le Villaret (13, rue Ternaux, 11e) and the rather more rustic Le C'Amelot (50, rue Amelot, 11e).

If you want cheap, touristy Parisian fun (but the best kind), go to Cremerie Polidor (41, rue Monsieur-le-Prince, 6e). New Years Eve--more properly, St-Sylvestre--is a big deal there, and the back wall is decorated with huge jeroboams and methuselahs (or something--I'm lost above a magnum) of champagne finished off on previous St-Sylvestres.

I'm sure any of the major bistros & brasseries would be a hoot on St-Sylvestre. I like Bofinger and Balzar, personally.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:34 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I second both Le Cinq in the Four Seasons and Taillevant for 2 outstanding Michelin 3 star places. However, it may be interesting to consider:

L'Astrance in the 16th; L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon; La Table de Joel Robuchon; or Hiramatsu. Doing a search on these restaurants in this forum, the Paris forum and websites mentioned by other posters should yield good information on these places generally. Specific information on New Year's Eve is likely best from your hotel concierge.

Good luck
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:27 am

I belong to a food forum called eGullet, and there is an extensive weekly run-down on Paris restaurants there.

Paris Restaurants News & Reviews is part of the larger section devoted to the food of France. Hope that is helpful.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
I was just in Paris last week and we went twice to this restaurant because it was so good. Les Viex Bistro right across the street from Notre Dame. Its small but the atmosphere is awesome and the food, incredible! The staff is fantastic as well. We even got free glasses of champagne and chocolates after dinner the second night we were there, compliments of the owner (I think because we told him how much we enjoyed the place that we decided to come again).

Out of all the places we ate at, this was my favorite.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:10 pm

Is it Les Vieux Bistro? I did a google search and came up with a different spelling. Going to Paris in Jan. and looking for good places.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
Originally Posted by tinnub
Is it Les Vieux Bistro? I did a google search and came up with a different spelling. Going to Paris in Jan. and looking for good places.
Yea that might have been it (my French isn't good at all). All I know is it's address is 14 and its on the street to the left of N.D. (as you look at N.D. from the front).
Old Nov 19, 2004, 5:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
Sorry if my opinion offends, but finding a superb expensive restaurant in Paris is effortless and incredibly mundane.

The real enjoyment is finding that great little bistro with superior cuisine at profit-defying prices. MJLogan's suggestion of Le C'Amelot is a bulls eye. Some others are Chez Grisette (14 r Houdon near Montmartre), Macis et Muscade (110 r Legendre 17th), Les Zygomates (7 r Capri 12th), and Le Bistrot du Peintre (116 av Ledru Rollin 11th).
Old Nov 19, 2004, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by PaulasPain
The real enjoyment is finding that great little bistro with superior cuisine at profit-defying prices. MJLogan's suggestion of Le C'Amelot is a bulls eye. Some others are Chez Grisette (14 r Houdon near Montmartre), Macis et Muscade (110 r Legendre 17th), Les Zygomates (7 r Capri 12th), and Le Bistrot du Peintre (116 av Ledru Rollin 11th).
I'll put your picks in my address book, and try at least one on my next trip! I think that, even if I could afford to eat at Le Cinq on my own dime, I'd do it very rarely, and stick to places like these.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Chez Flottes
2, rue Cambon
75001 Paris

It's a terriffic Paris bistro - great food and atmosphere. Have the l'Alligot - mashed potatos with cheese and garlic! MMMMMMMMMMM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.