Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanksgiving Dinner in Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2004, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Question Thanksgiving Dinner in Philadelphia

Any recommendations (preferably Center City/Downtown)?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:56 am

Rahmanbar,

I'm not certain which restaurants serve a Thanksgiving dinner. Most of the major hotels will. The Four Seasons holiday meals are usually very nice. I think I prefer the Grill at the Ritz-Carlton. Around October the Inquirer usually publishes a list of restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner and I can fill you in at that time.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Rahmanbar,

I'm not certain which restaurants serve a Thanksgiving dinner. Most of the major hotels will. The Four Seasons holiday meals are usually very nice. I think I prefer the Grill at the Ritz-Carlton. Around October the Inquirer usually publishes a list of restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner and I can fill you in at that time.
Awfully nice of you.

We'd be very appreciative.

Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What about Pat's?
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:49 pm

Programs: US SP,UA 1P, S-HH
The City Tavern has one every year 138 South 2nd st. The Four Seasons Fountain room might have one.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

-Bump-

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:21 am

OpenTable.com list

Howdy, first post at this site.

Here is the list from OpenTable.com of restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day.

http://www.opentable.com/promo/thank...?id=13&ref=551

I hope that's of some use to you -- it isn't necessarily inclusive, though, as restaurants have to be signed up at OpenTable.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by rahmanbar
-Bump-

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Thanks
I have not seen the Inquirer's Turkey supplement come out yet. Perhaps I missed it?

I don't know your price range, but I would definitely recommend the Ritz-Carlton or the Four Seasons. Someone I asked suggested the Loews Hotel, but I have had mediocre food there.

On the list from open table, I would say that Washington Crossing Inn would be a spectacular setting but it is approximately 30-45 minutes drive from Center City. None of the choices from open table in Center City are particularly interesting.
Another very good choice would be The Mansion in Voorhees. They are probably one of the best catering facilities in the area, about a 20 minute drive from downtown, and always do nice holiday meals.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold (lifetime/1.7 MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Try the Inn Philadelphia. Don't know if they are offering a Thanksgiving menu, but you could call them. It's a great place in a historic buliding downtown. http://www.innphiladelphia.com.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, everybody.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 4:24 pm

Try this:

http://www.rittenhousehotel.com/lacroix.cfm

He was the head chef at the Four Seasons who got it the 5 star rating and 4 bell rating. Now he's at the Rittenhouse doing the same thing there!

For others:

http://philadelphia.citysearch.com/r...1___roundup__1
Old Nov 15, 2004, 3:57 pm

I would strongly discourage LaCroix at the Rittenhouse Hotel. This is one restaurant where I say, "don't believe the hype." The menu is dominated by haute cuisine, which doesn't lend itself to a Thanksgiving dinner. Second, I have had some of the worst service experiences there in my 8 years in Philadelphia.

Of course, others' mileage may vary.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 7:31 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Smile Tom Turkey day

Greetings all,

I am going to put my 2 cents in here for the Park Hyatt in Philadelphia
While I won't be staying for their dinner (out to see the family in South New Jersey) I will be staying at the hotel.
I look forward to their exceptional breakfasts that holiday morning and the professional friendly service staff. Not only is the food very good but the sense of great history surrounds you with the magical high round domed celings
One gets the feeling they are dining in some grand European city.
Have a happy hoilday all.My best to a great community
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:41 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
It's probably too late for you at this point...but:

Let me re-affirm the Ritz-Carlton recs. The atmosphere of that building is perfect for the holiday season. Spend time in the Vault for pre-dinner drinks, The Grill for the T-day meal of course, and then the Rotunda for after-dinner drinks and maybe the chocolate bar.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 6:34 pm

I would recommend the General Lafayette Inn in Lafayette Hill. A short drive out of town, but excellent and reasonably priced. See their online Thanksgiving buffet menu ($24.95 per person):

http://www.generallafayetteinn.com/

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.