Wiki Posts
Search

Oklahoma City

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2004, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Oklahoma City

I will be experiencing a change of venue and staying at the Renaissance Hotel in Oklahoma City this Thursday. Did the search, but came up empty. Any suggestions for the one night best place to eat in Oklahoma City??
Thanks,
MIFlyer
Old Sep 12, 2004, 8:34 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MIFlyer
Did the search, but came up empty.
In the US South forum there are some BBQ and steakhouses listed for OKC
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:46 am

The Renaissance is right in the middle of downtown, and within walking distance of Bricktown, with a number of restaurants of all kinds (fine dining, Italian, Mexican, 'American', BBQ, etc.) Just tell the concierge what you want to eat and he'll be able to direct you easily.

Just remember that "Italian" and "Oklahoma City" don't necessarily go together (depending on your place of origin ), but that you can do some serious Mexican, BBQ and steak.

Walking is safe and convenient to and in Bricktown, maybe 4-5 blocks from your hotel.

If you want neighborhood Mexican, get directions to Chelino's in Capitol Hill or on S Western. They have a restaurant in Bricktown, but the kitchen doesn't seem quite as authentic. For 'upscale' Tex-Mex, any of the 3 Ted's Escondido's will work, but S Western will be the easiest to get to.

Steak reputation belongs to Cattleman's in the Stockyards. Not too hard to find & serves excellent steaks. If I were gonna be here just one night & wanted a steak, that'd be the place.

If you have an idea of what you'd like, lemme know. Wish I didn't have an obligation that evening ...
Old Sep 15, 2004, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
[QUOTE=Deacon]Steak reputation belongs to Cattleman's in the Stockyards. Not too hard to find & serves excellent steaks. If I were gonna be here just one night & wanted a steak, that'd be the place. QUOTE]

If it's Oklahoma it's gotta be steaks (?)
Thanks,
MIFlyer
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:58 am

Sure hope you enjoy it. I'm in a class this evening & so disappointed at missing the opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.