Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Why not more frequent user programs for chain restaurants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why not more frequent user programs for chain restaurants?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
a nearly 12 year old thread....

Starbucks has a FD programme now.
A lot of non chain restaurants around here have a buy x get y

Personally I'd rather avoid them. Too many cards in my wallet. FourSquare works better for one time or multitime discounts. I always have my phone with me.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Bobster
Why not, you ask? I'll tell you why.

McDonald's and some similar restaurants have been fighting for years the claims that their food and the way they advertise it promote obesity. Although nobody has proven the claims or won a lawsuit against them, McDonald's has voluntarily toned down their advertising and now encourages people to eat a more balanced diet. A frequent eater plan that rewards people who pig out would appear to be the opposite of encouraging balance.

Would they give free upgrades that supersize fries and shakes at every meal for their frequent pigs?
Yikes! I don't think that frequent diner programs encourage people to "pig out," or not eat a more balanced diet. Most programs are either tailored to what you order (Panera, PF Chang's), or simply reward you based on the amount you spend, like McCormick & Schmick's, where you receive points for each dollar you spend there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.