What's for dinner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Butter lettuce salad with gorgonzola, dried cranberries, sliced almonds and apple cider vinaigrette. Grilled salmon with apricot/red pepper glaze, broccoli with cheese. Half a sleeve of girl scout thin mint cookies from last year found in the back of the freezer.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Can't decide between steak or chicken…
Seriously?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
United first class frozen whatever. But last night I had Reza's in Chicago. I love good Persian kabobs (lamb and chicken) dill rice and grilled tomatoes.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Nothing yet, but I have a seasoned turkey breast in the refrigerator that I don't know what to have on the side of it. I want to roast the turkey breast, but the only time I eat turkey meat is on Thanksgiving and Christmas and that's with stuffing (dressing etc) macaroni and cheese kind of thing that I can't eat outside of the holidays as I am trying to keep calories low.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livencali
Nothing yet, but I have a seasoned turkey breast in the refrigerator that I don't know what to have on the side of it. I want to roast the turkey breast, but the only time I eat turkey meat is on Thanksgiving and Christmas and that's with stuffing (dressing etc) macaroni and cheese kind of thing that I can't eat outside of the holidays as I am trying to keep calories low.
Maybe a baked sweet potato and Brussels sprouts or roasted root veggies if you are trying to keep it sort of healthy?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Presently preparing to put a tray of fresh garlic & ginger marinated chicken on the grill, to serve with white beans/habanero sauce and a salad of beef tomatoes, red onions, touch of finely chopped garlic with sliced black olives.
Just poured a tasting sample of Murdoch James Estate Pinot Noir 2014 from NZ.

The forecast for tonight looks bright.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

Rustic cherry tomato, mozzarella and zucchini pie.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went old school tonight
Caesar salad (croutons made with pretzel bread)
Grilled rib eye with grilled onions
creamed spinach.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Ground turkey with riced cauliflower sautéed together, with plenty of hot spices mixed in.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My family and I will be enjoying Indian Food while watching the Superbowl. Incongruous I know, but also tasty.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CMK10
My family and I will be enjoying Indian Food while watching the Superbowl. Incongruous I know, but also tasty.
Can't say I disagree.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chicken roasted in the clay pot with Moroccan spices, onions, Meyer lemons, garlic cloves and green & Kalamata olives over Israeli couscous.
girl scout tagalongs for dessert and appetizer.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Our very best and almost perfect home rendition of Jimboy's Tacos. NOT authentic Mexican by any means, but incredibly delicious. A Northern California legend for decades.

Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by braslvr
Our very best and almost perfect home rendition of Jimboy's Tacos. NOT authentic Mexican by any means, but incredibly delicious. A Northern California legend for decades.

What makes them a legend?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by corky
What makes them a legend?
Well, here is their story. I grew up near Denio's and was eating their tacos every chance I could as young as 3 years old in 61, while at the same time my future wife lived in Kings Beach, and was eating them there at the same age. They have remained among our favorite fast food indulgences all these years.

They are full Mexican restaurants now, and pretty darn good (and authentic) ones at that, but it's their original ground beef tacos that steal the show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.