Search

Question on beer lines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Question on beer lines

I have eaten at a particular restaurant 4 times to date this year. The last 2 times, I have woken up nauseous in the middle of the night. The last time, I brought home half my dinner and ate it the next day for lunch with no ill effects. So my suspicion falls on the draft beers I drink there (2 per meal). I am meeting friends there are will order liquor instead.

Is this possibly a result of dirty lines? Or worse, cleaning products in the lines? Or some other cause? Should I make a complaint to the county health authorities and mention my suspicion? They seem pretty responsive and several places have been shut down in recent months due to “complaint inspections”.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose it's possible - have you asked the restaurant how often/when was the last time they cleaned the lines? Or try getting a bottle/can beer next time instead and see if it happens.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I would ask how frequently they clean the beer lines and what they use.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I suppose it's possible - have you asked the restaurant how often/when was the last time they cleaned the lines? Or try getting a bottle/can beer next time instead and see if it happens.
Originally Posted by kipper
I would ask how frequently they clean the beer lines and what they use.
The bartender’s already mad at us. Mrs BV asked for a 6 ounce pour on her second drink two visits ago and the bartender thought she was complaining about getting shorted. Mrs BV didn’t want as much and was actually asking for less. The bartender eventually figured it out but was giving us the hairy eyeball. We were there last night with friends so it wasn’t the right time. We will be back Monday afternoon and I will bring it up in as casual a manner as I can figure out.

Last night I drank Manhattans and canned beer and felt well all night long.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by BamaVol
The bartender’s already mad at us. Mrs BV asked for a 6 ounce pour on her second drink two visits ago and the bartender thought she was complaining about getting shorted. Mrs BV didn’t want as much and was actually asking for less. The bartender eventually figured it out but was giving us the hairy eyeball. We were there last night with friends so it wasn’t the right time. We will be back Monday afternoon...
Why?

Between angry bartenders and making you sick, it doesn't seem like a place I'd return:
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I have eaten at a particular restaurant 4 times to date this year. The last 2 times, I have woken up nauseous in the middle of the night. The last time, I brought home half my dinner and ate it the next day for lunch with no ill effects. So my suspicion falls on the draft beers I drink there (2 per meal). I am meeting friends there are will order liquor instead.

Is this possibly a result of dirty lines? Or worse, cleaning products in the lines? Or some other cause? Should I make a complaint to the county health authorities and mention my suspicion? They seem pretty responsive and several places have been shut down in recent months due to “complaint inspections”.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
Why?

Between angry bartenders and making you sick, it doesn't seem like a place I'd return:
Great food. Good (non draft beer) drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.