Your Favorite Sodas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Favorite Sodas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My daily driver is Diet Coke, typically the normal kind but occasionally Diet Coke with Lime.

As a nostalgia thing if I'm getting pizza I'll sometimes get Stewart's Root Beer or Welch's Grape Soda because that's what I liked when I was a kid and my dad was in charge of watching us when my mom was out of town. He didn't want to cook so we'd get pizza and sodas of choice and those were my favorites.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Is that a pretty recent development? I have been to several countries in western Europe in the last few years and had no problem finding Coca Cola Light.
Definitely 2017, maybe 2016. Actually, I didn't go to Sweden this past summer, but I doubt it's migrated back to Coca-Cola Light.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread don’t mean a thing as it ain’t got no “Ting”.

The Jamaican kind.
travelmad478 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL
1. Appletizer
2. Dr. Brown’s Diet Black Cherry
3. Fizzy water from my Sodastream with a splash of cranberry juice

Beyond those, I don’t drink soda.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Originally Posted by JBord
While in Croatia this summer, and needing a break from alcohol, I enjoyed several Schweppes Bitter Lemons while staring at the Adriatic. It's a wonderful summer drink. I don't believe it's sold in the US (other than at extremely high prices on Amazon), and the two substitutes I've tried are just not the same.
I know that Schweppes Bitter Lemon was available in the US in the mid '00s. It was a common mixer. Check at liquor stores. Other brands of Bitter Lemon are still common (Canada Dry)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AMflier
I know that Schweppes Bitter Lemon was available in the US in the mid '00s. It was a common mixer. Check at liquor stores. Other brands of Bitter Lemon are still common (Canada Dry)
Thanks. I haven't found it here in Chicago. I've also tried two other brands. One was terrible and the other was decent. But neither was as good for some reason.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MHG
1. Mezzo Mix
That's definitely one of my favorites but hard to find in the US outside of Disney World.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
And it's good to see that there are some other fans of 7-UP. I think Sprite and Sierra Mist are too sweet for a clear soda. 7-UP isn't as sweet and has a more crisp taste in my opinion. It's also one of the few major sodas not owned by Coca-Cola or Pepsi.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelmad478
1. Appletizer
Definitely a Christmas tradition at the LapHouse.

I start picking up discounted Appletiser on offer from September onwards so we have a small stock of the stuff over the holidays. We like having some Orangina in the house too at the end of the year.

My daughter is a massive fan of Ramune, but that must be just as much for the botttle with the marble in the top as the drink. It’s a major international soda you can get nearly everyhere nowadays, both Sainsbury’s and Morrisons stock it in the U.K.

Calpis/Calpico is another of her favourites and also a mega soda (and still drink and concentrate) brand that, like all the others I’ve mentioned, has nothing to do with Coca-Cola or Pepsi.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am a convert to La Croix or Polar sparkling water with grapefruit flavor.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:09 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
1) Pellegrino/Perrier plain or with a slice of fresh lemon or lime
2) Schwepps bitter lemon as a mixer with gin.
3) Blood orange Pellegrino
4) Dark & Stormy (Goslings with ginger beer)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Dr. Brown's Black Cherry is one of my favorites, and I like some of the fruit flavored varieties put out by Fanta like Green Apple, Strawberry, Fruit Punch, and Peach.

I tend to ask for Grenadine in my colas if visiting a restaurant with a bar in it.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:24 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

-tonic water
-tarragon-flavored soda from (the country of) Georgia called tarkhun (...tarragon)
-rc cola (which amusingly is common in Uzbekistan)

the caveat is that I drink soda about twice a year, though will try a few sips of something when in a new country
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kroger Diet Tonic Water
A&W Diet Creme Soda
Diet Dr Pepper
Diet Squirt (grapefruit soda)
Coke Zero (though I much preferred it before the name and recipe change)
Reed's Extra Ginger Brew ginger beer - the only soda I want to see used to make a Dark & Stormy or Mules of any spiritual nature
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I'm waiting for Cranberry Sprite Zero to come back on store shelves (it's seasonal) as I use as the base for a very tasty Skinny Cosmopolitan.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.