Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luxury, Food Version

Old Dec 19, 17, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus

Hello Everyone,

Does anybody here know of a forum for luxury and/or amazing restaurants and around the world, where people who know what they are talking about actually participate.

I am sick of trying to filter through hotel concierges, various sites and blogs online etc.

this forum is great for hotels mostly, but I am looking for something similar for food.

I am now going to Abu Dhabi for 4 days, and although I can give you a great list for Dubai I can't filter through many amazing restaurants in Abu Dhabi to make the right choices. There seems to many great restaurants in St Regis Saadiyat, Palace and Ritz Carlton. Would really appreciate recommendations for both restaurants and forums.
Old Dec 19, 17, 9:14 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this will get a better audience from the FT dedicated dining forum.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
obscure2k likes this.
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
I wish I did but it's not here - that's for certain. There are a few relevant posts in this forum, but much of it is taken up with fast food and packaged stuff.
Old Dec 19, 17, 5:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Chowhound 15 years ago!

As far as FlyerTalk, if I was looking for or wanting to post restaurant reviews/recommendations in specific places, I would not do it on DiningBuzz. This should be the place for general food and dining discussion. For details on some particular location, check the destination forum for that region.
Old Dec 19, 17, 6:12 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
As far as FlyerTalk, if I was looking for or wanting to post restaurant reviews/recommendations in specific places, I would not do it on DiningBuzz. This should be the place for general food and dining discussion. For details on some particular location, check the destination forum for that region.
That is correct.

Suggest you post your questions about particular regions in those regions' destination forums.

Thanks,

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Dining Buzz
Old Dec 20, 17, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dont think it exists

cant recall if there was a good japanese language website, and japan forum here might be good
Old Dec 20, 17, 6:39 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

The luxury hotel forum is restricted to semi-luxury hotel chains; not a place to learn about or discuss luxury travel. I don't even post in there really anymore [removed comment about moderation]

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 20, 17 at 7:50 am

Search this Thread