"Splitting a Coffee" in a Restaurant?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Splitting a Coffee" in a Restaurant?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I have never heard of splitting a coffee. From a practical standpoint, my other half and I couldn't. He's sweetener and sometimes cream. I take my coffee black.

But, no, of all the things I've heard of splitting in a restaurant, that one is a first.
Mr. Kipper takes cream and sweetener in coffee, I drink my coffee black. I can't touch his coffee.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:30 pm

Splitting tea is extremely common in Mumbai. Actually it is possible to order only "Half cup" of Tea (Chai). The term to use is "cutting" or to order - Ask for "Cutting Chai". The term cutting signifies the tea is cut in half and only half a cup is served. Of course the price is significantly lower than a full cup of chai (usually half the price as well).

Just google "cutting chai" or "Cutting tea"

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-cutting-chai

So in the OPs instance, it would have been possible to just order half the cup (and pay for half the cup!)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I order one coffee and split it all the time.... for room service that is.. Plus the pot usually comes with 4 cups of coffee anyway...

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.