Stemware

Old Apr 11, 16, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Stemware

Yesterday, I found a set of four Riedel white wine glasses at TJ Maxx for $30. I've been wanting to upgrade my stemware for a while, so I got them. Because I'm a philistine, I'm currently drinking garnacha out of one.

I have long been a huge fan of the Vinum pinot noir glasses. Is there a place to get them on sale? I seem to only see them for $20 or so each, which seems silly to me.

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 16, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave View Post
Yesterday, I found a set of four Riedel white wine glasses at TJ Maxx for $30. I've been wanting to upgrade my stemware for a while, so I got them. Because I'm a philistine, I'm currently drinking garnacha out of one.

I have long been a huge fan of the Vinum pinot noir glasses. Is there a place to get them on sale? I seem to only see them for $20 or so each, which seems silly to me.

Thanks!
I'd strongly recommend you consider the Riedel Ouverture Magnum glasses. Set of 8 available at Amazon for less then $60.

http://www.riedel.com/info/press-pub...st-wine-glass/
Old Apr 12, 16, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! I think I will get some.
Old Apr 13, 16, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Riedel has really expanded its products line (and production capacity through acquisitions) in the past few years and also their distribution - you'll see them in many retail channels now (used to include Macy's). There are now various lines that don't have any lead and are now dishwasher safe ((lead) crystal will get etched) and it'd appear Ouverture is one of those lines.

Research what you like and whether it fits your needs. I think only the expensive Sommelier line is hand-made/blown in Austria - the lower lines are machine-made in Germany. That said as a fan of the original Vinum line.
Old Apr 16, 16, 10:06 am
Suspended

How DARE you drink red wine from a white wine glass
Old Apr 16, 16, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhgreengrd1 View Post
How DARE you drink red wine from a white wine glass
I told you I was a philistine!!

Search this Thread