The "Häagen-Dazs ice cream" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Häagen-Dazs ice cream" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I eat a few mini containers on a long layover in the IBERIA Dali lounge.
Situational for me, too--if memory serves, it's the brand they sell at West End theaters.

For some reason, there are a bunch of different competing local brands of ice cream where I live, all of which have their merits. I've pretty much stopped getting Haagen-Daaz or Ben and Jerry's in favor of those. I'm not that big on ice cream, anyway, so it's nice to be able to just go get one cone and leave it at that when the mood strikes.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haagen Dazs is good ice cream but I like Ben & Jerry's better. And good gelato better than all.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Haagen Dazs is good ice cream but I like Ben & Jerry's better. And good gelato better than all.
I couldn't agree more!!!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the cherry / amaretto HD gelato last night. Gosh it was good. Really, really good. I used to thing Cherry Garcia B&J was the best cherryish ice cream - no longer!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Just last week I noticed they had Haagen-Dazs peanut butter & chocolate ice cream at CVS. I don't know if it's a new flavor or if the store just started carrying it, but I had never seen it before.

I've bought three pints since then. That's my favorite ice cream flavor of all time.

I have to nip this problem in the bud.
I tried this for the first time last night -- it is amazing! It took every bit of self-control and common sense to get the cover back on the container and put it back in the freezer.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I tried this for the first time last night -- it is amazing! It took every bit of self-control and common sense to get the cover back on the container and put it back in the freezer.
Interestingly enough, the CVS by my office no longer has it. I wonder when/if it will come back.

It's kind of ridiculously good.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:10 pm

Thanks to this thread yesterday I bought a pint of Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream and finished it. All of it. By myself.

Thanks OP
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Thanks to this thread yesterday I bought a pint of Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream and finished it. All of it. By myself.

Thanks OP
If this continues, you might also want to plan a trip to Macy's next month to pick up a bigger-sized pair of jeans... just speaking from experience.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by runnerwallah
If this continues, you might also want to plan a trip to Macy's next month to pick up a bigger-sized pair of jeans... just speaking from experience.
Gettin' Big for the Summer !!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:21 pm

If you ever get to NZ...or fly ON NZ... wait till you try the Kapiti brand ice cream.....

Staggeringly good.....
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:15 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I was addicted to their dark chocolate pomegranate bar, but its not easy to find.

I'm also sensitive to lactose, so I pretty much stick to coconut milk ice cream now. But I'd probably be willing to suffer if I found a box of those bars.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I was addicted to their dark chocolate pomegranate bar, but its not easy to find.

I'm also sensitive to lactose, so I pretty much stick to coconut milk ice cream now. But I'd probably be willing to suffer if I found a box of those bars.
Wow, I had no idea those existed--but they're an idea I could get behind!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

Thanks OP
If you want Vanilla, Bj's - Sam's - Costco should carry the bigger size
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by emma69
I had the cherry / amaretto HD gelato last night. Gosh it was good. Really, really good. I used to thing Cherry Garcia B&J was the best cherryish ice cream - no longer!
I guess the real question is, how much is still left in the container?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:36 pm

When grocery shopping downtown IND there are times I just cannot resist and do buy a pint of: (list in preferred ranking)

1. Cookie dough chip
or
2. Strawberries and cream
or
3. Salted caramel (just tried that for the first time)

90% of the time I can make it out of the grocery store without giving in the temptation but sometimes just give in (similar to the temptation of buying a box of Cocoa Pebbles cereal)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.