Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:20 am

An interesting tidbit that I saw in the Starbucks forums was that splitting a transaction reduced the average $/transaction metric. But cashiers liked it because it increased their transactions/minute rate.

I expect I'll probably also stop auto reload and drain my cards. Then use a regular credit card for purchases. A line item per cup showing on my credit card statement may help me be more aware of the expenses and be good for my budget.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by swag
I still remember their rewards program shake-up. They discontinued the old program at year-end 2011; set expectations with "great new perks in 2012"; then let years go by before starting something up again.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...s-program.html
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I just signed up for a dunkin donuts account. Not only did I get a free beverage coupon, they also added $10 to my account to start. Free drink after $40, not $62.50.

And it's right next door to Starbucks.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
With Peets I get a "free" medium drink (actually they seem to do any size) with every $25 topup.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
With Peets I get a "free" medium drink (actually they seem to do any size) with every $25 topup.
If I had that choice around here, I'd take it. Sadly, all I have is SBUX & DD followed by single location independents of varying quality.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Anyone remember the Starbucks black card? $25 membership fee to get 10% off everything.

Then they changed it to one free drink after 15 stars.

Then a few years ago they stopped offering free soy milk and syrups but lowered it to 12 stars.

I don't think I will stop going to Starbucks because of this. However, with so many options in my area, I will be visiting the local shops more often.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who still waits in line to order?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
They get a bit funny at the drive through if you don't.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
At Starbucks, killing time while waiting on Mr. Kipper. The devaluation, combined with the clientele, will make it very easy to walk away.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
You have to, to redeem rewards.

http://customerservice.starbucks.com...V2hTbWRMS20%3D

I have a reward on my account – can I apply it to my order with Mobile Order & Pay?

At this time, you can't redeem rewards or My Starbucks Rewards® offers through Mobile Order & Pay.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, my card is registered to the UK, will sbux be clever enough to work out that anything I purchase in the US should be classed as one transaction, or is it going to give me 2 stars for every $1 I spend - but maintain the fact that in the UK that I only need 50 stars to maintain/achieve gold?

My thought is that they will convert the dollar spend to 1 transaction only for a UK card. I am sure we will change in time but for now it seems BAU.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:40 am
Suspended

I'm surprised to see so many people using their program here given that it's not useful for business travelers.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by ou81two
I'm surprised to see so many people using their program here given that it's not useful for business travelers.
How's that? The Starbucks brand is well known and upscale enough that I don't mind telling coworkers that I've camped there to take a call or two and do my e-mail while on the road. As to the program, free refills is a nice perk of Starbucks gold.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ou81two
Why isn't it ?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Yes, even without splitting an order, I find that those in front of me at Starbucks take far too long to order and pay.
Mobile ordering. App offers my recent orders to expedite custom drinks. Barista is making my drink while the person in front of you is still placing their order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.