Reload this Page >

California Pizza Kitchen - AMEX offer

Old Nov 12, 15, 9:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hey folks, pretty good offer.

Spend $40 on your targeted AMEX card and get $10 off. Also, CPK is giving a $10 gift card if you buy a $50 gift card at CPK. The AMEX offer allows for physical gift cards purchased in store.

Spending $40 for $60 worth of pizza. Great deal!!
Old Nov 12, 15, 9:40 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Shouldn't the title reflect that it's "targeted?"
Old Nov 12, 15, 9:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
Shouldn't the title reflect that it's "targeted?"
Log on to your AMEX and it should appear at the bottom on at least one of your cards. In the AMEX Offers section. Anyone with an AMEX should have it.

Targeted, in this case, meaning find your AMEX card that has the offer attached.
Old Nov 12, 15, 11:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Actually it's a better off than I even thought. CPK is giving $15 in bonus gift cards when you buy a $50 gift card. They are also including a coupon for a free appetizer. Then add in your $10 AMEX discount. Probably best deal I've ever seen at CPK.
Old Nov 12, 15, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: WN AL+/CP, IHG AMB/Plat, HH/Mar Gold, UA Dirt
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Actually it's a better off than I even thought. CPK is giving $15 in bonus gift cards when you buy a $50 gift card. They are also including a coupon for a free appetizer. Then add in your $10 AMEX discount. Probably best deal I've ever seen at CPK.
I only see the $10 bonus card offer online at the CPK store, not $15 and an app
Old Nov 12, 15, 2:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
I only see the $10 bonus card offer online at the CPK store, not $15 and an app
I would go into your local store and ask.
Old Nov 12, 15, 2:59 pm
Community Director

I like your thinking. Can you buy gift cards in restaurants?

Ts and Cs in part say:
Valid in-restaurant only. Valid for food orders placed online and paid for in-restaurant. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online.

Do you have a link for the $15 bonus? What about the free appetizer?
Old Nov 12, 15, 3:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

There is no link. You can indeed buy gift cards in the CPK store. I just did it today. Bought a $50 gift card today. Was also given a $10 bonus GC, a $5 off coupon, and a free app coupon. I would call your local CPK to confirm and then go on in and collect.
Old Nov 12, 15, 3:05 pm
Community Director

There is no link. You can indeed buy gift cards in the CPK store. I just did it today. Bought a $50 gift card today. Was also given a $10 bonus GC, a $5 off coupon, and a free app coupon. I would call your local CPK to confirm and then go on in and collect.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old Nov 12, 15, 3:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I like your thinking. Can you buy gift cards in restaurants?

Ts and Cs in part say:
Valid in-restaurant only. Valid for food orders placed online and paid for in-restaurant. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online.

Do you have a link for the $15 bonus? What about the free appetizer?
So I'm confused. Does buying a gift card count for the $10 off $50 purchase? And if so, do you have to buy the gift card in store or can you buy it online as long as it is not an e-gift card? Sorry for being dense but it says "Valid for food orders placed online and paid for in-restaurant". So what does "Excludes physical gift cards purchased online" mean? That they are excluded from the offer or excluded from the 'not valid for e-gift card' part? .
Old Nov 12, 15, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
So I'm confused. Does buying a gift card count for the $10 off $50 purchase? And if so, do you have to buy the gift card in store or can you buy it online as long as it is not an e-gift card? Sorry for being dense but it says "Valid for food orders placed online and paid for in-restaurant". So what does "Excludes physical gift cards purchased online" mean? That they are excluded from the offer or excluded from the 'not valid for e-gift card' part? .
Yes it does count.

You cannot buy the gift card online if you want the $10 off. You have to go into your local CPK and buy the physical gift card there.

If you go online and try to order, even if you select the physical card, it won't count for the AMEX offer.
Old Nov 12, 15, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Yes it does count.

You cannot buy the gift card online if you want the $10 off. You have to go into your local CPK and buy the physical gift card there.

If you go online and try to order, even if you select the physical card, it won't count for the AMEX offer.
Got it, thanks. I've registered 3 cards. So we'll go in, have a nice dinner paid for with one; and buy 2 gift cards with the other 2 Amex cards as gifts. Thanks for this!
Old Nov 12, 15, 4:02 pm
Community Director

Bought a $50 gift card today. Was also given a $10 bonus GC, a $5 off coupon, and a free app coupon. I would call your local CPK to confirm and then go on in and collect.
I like your CPK better than mine. Regardless, it's a great tip. I just called. My local is giving a $10 bonus card with the $50 card. The bonus card must be used between Jan 11 and late Feb. (Sorry, I've already forgotten precise date.)
Old Nov 12, 15, 4:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I like your CPK better than mine. Regardless, it's a great tip. I just called. My local is giving a $10 bonus card with the $50 card. The bonus card must be used between Jan 11 and late Feb. (Sorry, I've already forgotten precise date.)
Yea I think it's Feb 28... well my CPK is in Geneva, IL. Feel free to come on in, lol
Old Nov 15, 15, 8:25 am
Community Director

You can indeed buy gift cards in the CPK store. I just did it today. Bought a $50 gift card today. Was also given a $10 bonus GC, a $5 off coupon, and a free app coupon. I would call your local CPK to confirm and then go on in and collect.
My local CPK gave me everything but the free app coupon. The $5 and $10 coupons can only be used one at a time. The $5 off coupons can be used now thru year end, then the $10 off coupons are good from Jan 11 thru Feb 28. Assuming that I eat there 6 times between now and the end of Feb (because I bought 3 sets), I will have spent $120 for $195 of food. Thanks, TMM1982, for the heads up. I wouldn't have used the $10 off AMEX offer on its own.

Search this Thread