FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Horse Semen Shots in Three Different Flavors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/1190939-horse-semen-shots-three-different-flavors.html)

Canarsie Mar 4, 2011 8:45 pm

Horse Semen Shots in Three Different Flavors

For those of you who like to push your culinary boundaries beyond such delicacies as durian and kimchi, you might want to consider attending the Wildfoods Festival in Hokitika, located on the South Island of New Zealand on March 12, 2011.

Amongst other delicacies expected to be served are such gastronomic delights as raw scorpions, sea tulip shots, chocolate-covered beetles, weka, deep-fried grubs, and horse semen shots flavored with chocolate, vanilla or strawberry.

srirams Mar 4, 2011 9:15 pm

Wouldn't want to eat it, and neither would I want to be the one tasked with procuring said ingredients

indianwells Mar 5, 2011 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 15977808)
For those of you who like to push your culinary boundaries beyond such delicacies as durian and kimchi, you might want to consider attending the Wildfoods Festival in Hokitika, located on the South Island of New Zealand on March 12, 2011.

Amongst other delicacies expected to be served are such gastronomic delights as raw scorpions, sea tulip shots, chocolate-covered beetles, weka, deep-fried grubs, and horse semen shots flavored with chocolate, vanilla or strawberry.

What is culinary about that? Just disgusting in my view.:td:

Darren Mar 5, 2011 12:16 am

I am a pretty adventurous eater and I have to agree 100%

deltheking Mar 5, 2011 1:08 am

Flavored horse semen ?? That is not even gross- it is as close to perversion as it gets.. Where do people get such ideas from and then to flavor it!! Jeez. Shaking my head !:td:

mjcewl1284 Mar 5, 2011 1:38 am

Interesting. I'll try anything once (in this case, probably JUST once).

Canarsie Mar 5, 2011 10:04 am

Originally Posted by indianwells (Post 15978484)
What is culinary about that? Just disgusting in my view.:td:

You have no argument from me whatsoever, as I completely agree with you.

Then again, I wonder who was the first person to look at a lobster crawling around or a shrimp swimming in the water and say “Hmm...I think I will try eating that...”, as well as what that person was thinking.

Culinary tastes are subjective and are in the eye — or, should I say, tongue and palette — of the beholder...

old_flying_nurse Mar 5, 2011 1:26 pm

sick!

SICK SICK SICK! Sorry I even read this thread.....:(

PhlyingRPh Mar 5, 2011 1:51 pm

...and horse semen shots flavored with chocolate, vanilla or strawberry.

They may come in the neopolitan flavours but I bet they look like Pina Colada.

clarence5ybr Mar 5, 2011 2:00 pm

Caviar is considered a great delicacy, and while not from horses, it's the female half of the sperm + egg equation. I'm sure many of the people who have posted their utter disgust at the idea of consuming horse semen regularly consume eggs from chickens. Our delicious "milk" that we buy in the grocery might not sound so appealing if we weren't culturally used to drinking it and someone came up with the idea of drinking 'cow udder secretion'.

Not that I'll be consuming horse semen anytime soon, but it's interesting the way our cultural norms bias what we find disgusting versus what we consider to be a treasured delicacy.

littlesheep Mar 5, 2011 2:39 pm

I wish I could have a lobotomy now.

Canarsie Mar 5, 2011 3:01 pm

After downloading the 2011 stallholders .pdf file — which you probably should not view if you have a weak stomach — I notice that in addition to such items as “Cow's Udder Seasoned and BBQ'd to your delight” and “Worm Dukkha” — on which I would pass if offered — there are also such culinary items available as Scallop Kebabs and Fresh Strawberries and Ice Cream.

Now that is more to my taste, although there is a chance that ice cream might include...

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr (Post 15981247)
cow udder secretion

...as one of its ingredients...

nerd Mar 5, 2011 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr (Post 15981247)
Our delicious "milk" that we buy in the grocery might not sound so appealing if we weren't culturally used to drinking it and someone came up with the idea of drinking 'cow udder secretion'.

Well, we were all raised on human breast secretion, so I'm not so sure it's a cultural issue.

BamaVol Mar 6, 2011 2:44 am

I guess they're saving the durian and kimchi flavored horse semen for 2012.

kipper Mar 6, 2011 9:27 am

This is one of those threads where I had to read it, even though I knew I shouldn't... Now, I wish I could erase it from my memory! :D