Wiki Posts
Search

Best Bread in the USA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
apparently 25% of the population are 'supertasters'. I think its all bollocks, people using an excuse to avoid eating food they don't like.
25%? Feels high. I know people who get sick from gluten, nuts, and other things.
considering that the ORDeditor friend chose only wonder bread with peanut butter at what had to be an amazing brunch… doesn’t feel like an excuse to me. I actually feel sorry for eaters who can only request wonder bread with peanut butter when going somewhere for brunch. That’s a lot of yummy stuff to not get to eat. I can eat peanut butter on bread in my own house. I don’t want to eat it at someone else’s house.
chgoeditor and BamaVol like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Breadshop is so good!
Breadshop is amazing! Curses to you, Corky, for reviving this thread! The Breadshop loaf is half gone, eaten entirely as just slices with unsalted butter. Must. Stop.
corky and Calcifer like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
Breadshop is amazing! Curses to you, Corky, for reviving this thread! The Breadshop loaf is half gone, eaten entirely as just slices with unsalted butter. Must. Stop.
I have been cursed for worse....get in line!
What kind did you get? Do they have a specialty or just all wonderful artisan breads? mmm
chgoeditor likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by corky
I have been cursed for worse....get in line!
What kind did you get? Do they have a specialty or just all wonderful artisan breads? mmm
You have to preorder and they have some standard always-available choices as well as some daily specials. They were sold out of everything by the time I ordered that day. I got the last loaf of Seeded City, a dark crust sourdough with toasted sesame, flax and sunflower seeds. I love me a seeded bread and add in sourdough and I am in heaven.
https://www.exploretock.com/Breadshop/
corky likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
You have to preorder and they have some standard always-available choices as well as some daily specials. They were sold out of everything by the time I ordered that day. I got the last loaf of Seeded City, a dark crust sourdough with toasted sesame, flax and sunflower seeds. I love me a seeded bread and add in sourdough and I am in heaven.
https://www.exploretock.com/Breadshop/
Adding that loaf to my list for next trip… Their flatbread/focaccia is also very good if you’re in that mood. As a bonus, it shares a parking lot with The Curb so I can get my coffee fix at the same time.

On the other side of the country, I also really like Bread & Salt in Jersey City, which is in the article. It’s a random location and short hours but we find it worth the trip when we’re running errands in NJ with a car.

Last edited by Calcifer; Jan 30, 2022 at 4:33 pm
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:57 pm

Adding that loaf to my list for next trip… Their flatbread/focaccia is also very good if you’re in that mood. As a bonus, it shares a parking lot with The Curb so I can get my coffee fix at the same time.

On the other side of the country, I also really like Bread & Salt in Jersey City, which is in the article. It’s a random location and short hours but we find it worth the trip when we’re running errands in NJ with a car.
Mr Fink is Italian, from Liguria no less, where focaccia is a religion. I always say if it came down to a choice between never eating focaccia again (the real thing, from his town) and me, I don't like my chances. So that is definitely on the list to try. I am putting in another order today and will probably add in a box of pastries as well. The entire loaf of Seeded City is now gonzo and was absolutely delicious. This could be a very dangerous place being only a few minutes from home.
corky and FlyinHawaiian like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by gaobest
also what is a super taster?
and a peanut butter on bread without grape jelly?

PB and honey since I have never liked grape jelly
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by TGarza
​​​​​​
sure that’s great - how about peanut butter and other jam / jelly? There are so many flavor choices :-)
I do enjoy these on Asian milk bread.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by TGarza
PB and B. Fried, if you like it Elvis-style. Can't beat a good old PB&B,
corky and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
PB and B on whole wheat toast is such a quick and satisfying breakfast.

Not quite the same as an Elvis, however..
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PB and B. Fried, if you like it Elvis-style. Can't beat a good old PB&B,
I think a little bacon on there would be worth a try. Maybe not...just thinking out loud.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The best bread I've ever had in my life is most likely the pork bread at the Park Side Restaurant in Corona, NY. I haven't been in a couple of years so don't have any photos but it is to die for.

-J.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Longhorn Steakhouse's bread...I could eat 3 loaves by myself!!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:57 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

It's in Jersey City by Hoboken, hardly random.

Also, I thought their focaccia was meh...a bit too salty. Otherwise, good ingredients.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Mr Fink is Italian, from Liguria no less, where focaccia is a religion. I always say if it came down to a choice between never eating focaccia again (the real thing, from his town) and me, I don't like my chances. So that is definitely on the list to try. I am putting in another order today and will probably add in a box of pastries as well. The entire loaf of Seeded City is now gonzo and was absolutely delicious. This could be a very dangerous place being only a few minutes from home.
Finkface , have you tried Wallflour Bake Shop? Apparently they're at Kaka'ako Farmers Market on Saturdays and pop up at Ili'ili Cash & Carry on Monday mornings.
Haven't had a chance to try yet but the pictures of their baked goods I see on Instagram look amazing, and I do like Runner & Stone in Brooklyn, where they used to work.
They have a focaccia for you to try....
Wallflour Bake Shop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.