Search

Consolidated "Top Chef: Just Desserts" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Consolidated "Top Chef: Just Desserts" thread

Good concept, but the contestants will annoy the heck out of me.

Is it me or has Jacques Torres really let himself go?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:56 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I happened to catch the first episode last evening... a repeat... I have to say I found it pretty boring....

And I do have to agree that the contestants are very annoying.... and the preview indicates that the yelling level will intensify.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Wow, this show is a disaster on every level. Lunatic, unattractive, unpleasant and annoying chefs, dumb challenges, stupid judging.

One person has repeatedly freaked out, had a panic attack and eliminated himself, they brought back a crazy person who nearly had a breakdown herself and one person with one of the best desserts eliminated herself because she doesn't like to cook competitively.

Oh, that was all tonight's episode.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:22 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
The only reason that I watched was to see what would happen when Seth eventually lost. Now I can't even see that......
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Oxb
The only reason that I watched was to see what would happen when Seth eventually lost. Now I can't even see that......
The way it's going, he could be back at any moment.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:56 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I forgot it was on last night... and accidently saw a small portion of it... where they were setting up while the show was going on....

Did not even see the end... and I was wondering what I was missing since Seth was not there and that woman was back...

Guess I did not miss much!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:30 pm
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The way it's going, he could be back at any moment.
I wonder if that would be a good thing or a bad thing.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
I forgot it was on last night... and accidently saw a small portion of it... where they were setting up while the show was going on....

Did not even see the end... and I was wondering what I was missing since Seth was not there and that woman was back...

Guess I did not miss much!
The quickfire was an ice cream sundae made with Breyer's Ice Cream. Seth wanted to make his own ice cream. When he found out he couldn't, he had a meltdown and supposedly had a panic attack and passed out.

"That woman" is just as crazy as Seth.

I have a friend who is a pastry chef. He is a brilliant artist, but fairly normal otherwise, so I was surprised that all these folks seem to have issues.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:51 am

The quickfire was an ice cream sundae made with Breyer's Ice Cream. Seth wanted to make his own ice cream. When he found out he couldn't, he had a meltdown and supposedly had a panic attack and passed out.
Don't forget the other thing that got him upset--prior to the challenge, he had thrown out some paper cups he'd brought with him based on information from the producers, and he felt it was very unfair that he didn't have the paper cups for this challenge! Oh, the humanity!

"That woman" is just as crazy as Seth.
Heather H. seems nuts too. She clearly stated at one point that she "volunteered" to do the centerpiece, then at the end, she goes into a frothing rage because Morgan only had to work on one dessert, but she had to work on two. Ummmm, then why did she volunteer to do two?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr

Heather H. seems nuts too. She clearly stated at one point that she "volunteered" to do the centerpiece, then at the end, she goes into a frothing rage because Morgan only had to work on one dessert, but she had to work on two. Ummmm, then why did she volunteer to do two?
Her reaction was childish, but I don't think she was upset that she worked on two desserts. I think she was upset that she worked on two desserts, got just as much praise from the judges, and didn't win. I didn't understand either.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Adrift in a sea of FF programs
One person has repeatedly freaked out, had a panic attack and eliminated himself, they brought back a crazy person who nearly had a breakdown herself and one person with one of the best desserts eliminated herself because she doesn't like to cook competitively.
And, thus, utterly entertaining. (okay, I kind of like watching train wrecks, too).
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:01 pm

Despite the drama, some of the desserts look yummy.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:10 pm

Top Chef: Just Desserts Season 2

Is it my imagination or is this show just awful? And what do those gross showpieces have to do with making good desserts?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:00 am

The showpieces are only part of each challenge. They also have to make servings of real desserts.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:08 am

Wow, thanks to consolidation, I see I felt the same way last year. I thought I would try it again, but things haven't changed much. BTW, I am a big fan of Top Chef and Top Chef Masters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.