Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Big, bigger, best? Large servings - have you had good experiences with quality & qty?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big, bigger, best? Large servings - have you had good experiences with quality & qty?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G

Tonight, a famously large-serve restaurant in a well-known hotel (aka pub) restaurant in the touristy capital of Cairns, in Far North Queensland had a new dish on the menu.

We're back to this holiday paradise, 6mths after the OzFest 2009 Do (:cool)
and I was surprised that the hotels grill kitchen is offering not only a 1/2kg steak - but also a 1kg steak!

This joint's famous for its exra-generous portions.

Cairns is a big-serve city.

Have you been dining anywhere with a few regular 'ultrasized' menu options?

Old Oct 30, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Kettle
There was a restaurant in my university town that was famous for over-serving everything. They had a breakfast item known as the "Yellow Whale", it was a THIRTEEEN-egg omelet that had to be served on a platter. I only saw one person eat the entire thing, a fellow rugby player (a prop, of course).

They also had a dinner menu item called something like "Twelve shrimp plus a couple more" a friend ordered that and received a literal mound of shrimp on her plate.

I often ate breakfast there and would order 2 eggs with bacon, and always got at least three eggs, free fried potatoes, extra toast, etc, far more than I ordered. No wonder they couldn't stay in business!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Nops...only in brazilian "rodizios" I had decent quality

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.