Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: GF Black
and this is the lounge list for DC in SIN

http://www.dinersclubinternational.c...apore&x=8&y=10
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lunardream
....Diner Club holders who are US residents, I think that lounge access is not a feature on their account.
Why do you think this? USA and Canadian issued cards do have the lounge access feature, the same as cards issued elsewhere.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
For what it's worth, I was at MEX (T2) the other day, and went to the Salon Premier lounge to wait out a multi-hour layover. I had completely forgot about DC lounge access, so I pulled out my card to pay the one-time use fee, and the agent remarked, "But sir, you get free access to the lounge with this card!"

This was with a Canadian corporate card, MasterCard logo on the front, first four numbers 5528. Got in without any problems, paid no fee of any kind.

-RS.

Last edited by Cyan; Dec 22, 2010 at 5:56 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
AMS Menzies Schengen?

From the lounge directory, the Menzies Executive Lounge (Schengen) at AMS:

"Cardmembers please check with your issuer for terms and conditions of lounge access." I have a faint recollection of reading somewhere at FT that this lounge no longer is free to enter with DC. Does anyone have any recent experienses one way or the other reagrding this lounge?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by tourist
From the lounge directory, the Menzies Executive Lounge (Schengen) at AMS:

"Cardmembers please check with your issuer for terms and conditions of lounge access." I have a faint recollection of reading somewhere at FT that this lounge no longer is free to enter with DC. Does anyone have any recent experienses one way or the other reagrding this lounge?
I used the Menzies Lounge in the non-Schengen part of AMS twice while I was in transit in the beginning of September with no problem. I have a U.S.-issued DC (w/Mastercard logo). The agents didn't bat an eyelash when they swiped me in. If the lounge in the Schengen area is also run by Menzies I can't imagine the policy being any different.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
I used the Menzies Lounge in the non-Schengen part of AMS twice while I was in transit in the beginning of September with no problem. I have a U.S.-issued DC (w/Mastercard logo). The agents didn't bat an eyelash when they swiped me in. If the lounge in the Schengen area is also run by Menzies I can't imagine the policy being any different.
Indeed, the free access has been recently resumed! ^

The Menizies lounges were for fee only with Diners for a year or two, but luckily they seem to have reached a better deal again. Used the Schengen side lounge myself in December without problems.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
Originally Posted by Pteropous

The Menizies lounges were for fee only with Diners for a year or two, but luckily they seem to have reached a better deal again. Used the Schengen side lounge myself in December without problems.
Excellent. Thank you for the verifications, TropicalTripper and Pteropous!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have a SAS Eurobonus DC and in dinersclub.se they said you have access to 130 lounges but they don't tell you which one. They only refer you to the global site which has more than 300 lounges available, however under T&C in diners they said check with your card issuer.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by nacho
I have a SAS Eurobonus DC and in dinersclub.se they said you have access to 130 lounges but they don't tell you which one. They only refer you to the global site which has more than 300 lounges available, however under T&C in diners they said check with your card issuer.
Not long ago there really was only 130 lounges but now there are over 300! My understanding is that you are able to access all lounges, but the issuer may set a charge per visit or allow only a first few visits free. On dinersclub.se it is said that for Swedish cardholders access is free except for the Amsterdam lounges.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by tsastor
Not long ago there really was only 130 lounges but now there are over 300! My understanding is that you are able to access all lounges, but the issuer may set a charge per visit or allow only a first few visits free. On dinersclub.se it is said that for Swedish cardholders access is free except for the Amsterdam lounges.
Where does it state that all Swedish DC cardholders including SAS Eurobonus cobrand are allow access to all lounges? I couldn't find it myself
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Where does it state that all Swedish DC cardholders including SAS Eurobonus cobrand are allow access to all lounges? I couldn't find it myself
In the left hand column at www.dinersclub.se:
Expand "-> Resa"
Click "Loungeguiden"

Lounger
Flygplatslounger

Ditt Diners Club-kort gäller som entrébiljett till drygt 130 lounger på flygplatser och i storstäder världen över. Här finns allt du behöver för att slappna av eller fortsätta arbeta: färska dagstidningar, TV, förfriskningar, telefon, fax och kopieringsmaskin för att nämna några exempel.

Nya lounger som öppnar i början av september 2010:

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport , Thailand
Phuket International Airport , Thailand
Hyderabad International Airport, Indien
Mumbai Airport , Indien
London Gatwick Airport, England
Manchester Airport , England
Munich Airport , Tyskland
Orlando Sanford International Airport , USA
Seoul Incheon Airport , Sydkorea
Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport , Israel

Sök lounge via loungeguiden på www.dinersclub.com.

Du kommer in i våra lounger oavsett vilken typ av biljett du har eller vilket flygbolag du reser med bara du har ett giltigt boardingpass och ditt Diners Club-kort.

OBS! Besöken är kostnadsfria för kortmedlemmar med ett undantag, Shiphol i Amsterdam. Eventuellt medföljande gäst betalar.

TIPS!
Se till att alltid ta en titt i loungeguiden inför dina resor!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: SAS
OBS! Besöken är kostnadsfria för kortmedlemmar med ett undantag, Shiphol i Amsterdam. Eventuellt medföljande gäst betalar.
Similar wording on the Danish website for Diners. But they don´t mention any exceptions for Sciphol.The Menzies lounge at Sciphol is listed as one of the lounges you have free access to.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:30 pm

I asked DC Sweden via email about AMS, and got a reply "ask the AMS lounge".

(If this is representative of DC memberservice, I don't think my new DC card will become my first-hand choice of payment method...)
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Pteropous

Excellent. Thank you for the verifications, TropicalTripper and Pteropous!
March 2011: Swedish Diners Club (the SAS EuroBonus version) card got me in at the Schengen Menzies lounge without any talk of a fee.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I have been in the lounge in Delhi (Plaza Premier Lounge) twice in the past week, and both times something interesting happened. I gave the lounge person my DC card, and she looked at a list of paper. I couldn't see it all that closely, but it might have been a list of valid starting digits of DC cards (e.g. "real" DC cards, as opposed to Mastercards).

Anyhow, I am a US card holder and both times she looked at the list, didn't immediately see whatever she was looking for (which would make sense, if she was looking at "real" DC card numbers) but waved me through anyways.

FYI, the lounge in Dhaka, Bangladesh is depressing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.